Virginia 4 VCU 7 B5

Pitt 13 Youngstown St 4 5

UNCheat 11 William & Mary (and William ain't playing ;p) 2 B5

FSU beats Stetson 8-6

ND and Central Michigan are all knotted up at 3 B5

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Time to play players who will be here next year

No way dude. To hell with that noise. We're one game under .500 in conference play, have a top 30 RPI, and there's still 18 games left to play. We haven't been eliminated from anything yet. Not even close. Let's worry about next year when there's nothing left to play for this year. I'm kind of floored by how eager some of you guys appear to be to quit on the rest of the season.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The best thing to see from tonight's game was the pitching. I understand Ga State is not the same caliber of ACC teams, but our pitchers only gave up 3 earned runs to go with ONLY 2 walks which has been a major issue for our pitching staff. They did also hit two batters though. Gibson, whose Achilles heel this season has been his control, did not walk a batter in two innings and threw 16 strikes out of 21 pitches. If he can get things straightened out and Lee could possibly help fill a starting spot, then that would be a huge plus.

I have no clue who will be starting our third game this weekend. We know Gold will start Friday. Assume Pitts will start Saturday/Sunday...that leaves another game where I haven't got a clue who CDH will go with. Options in my mind are: Ryan (has had multiple bad outings recently), Parr (has been pretty good over the last few weeks), Gibson (started games early on), and then a darkhorse--Gorst. Gorst threw 50 pitches in almost 3 innings on Sunday and has great stuff this year, but how would that translate as a starter? Might be worth a shot to try.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Gorst is an interesting option. I know it's not super unusual for some teams to start their closers in post-season play and just let them throw until they hit their limit. Maybe he can hold the other team for a few innings and let the offense put up some runs. I'd be ok with it.

GTChris

Georgia Tech Fan
Gorst is an interesting option. I know it's not super unusual for some teams to start their closers in post-season play and just let them throw until they hit their limit. Maybe he can hold the other team for a few innings and let the offense put up some runs. I'd be ok with it.

It worked out pretty well back in the 2014 ACC Tournament when we played Clemson. Started Buck Farmer in the game that got us to the championship game against Maryland. Of course that's just one game but it'd be an interesting option for sure.