Meanwhile, at Georgia State...

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
So, I remember so years back when a lot of folks were CONVINCED that Georgia State football was going to demonstrably take a bite out of GA Tech's business. Doesn't look like much enthusiasm for this program to me. They couldn't fill the Rome Braves' park, and they're gonna play at the Ted?
CwYeWtfWQAU4jsh.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I saw that. IDK who they think they're gonna get that's better.

LOTS of good coaches out there. You can win at GA State with the deep recruiting in GA and southeast, entrance requirements that are fairly easy, and how the complexion of the city has changed in the last 5 years. GA State academics is pretty well respected, so they have that going along with a deep academic offering. They get a good coach in, with the new Stadium being built, and GA State could actually be a nice team and annual contender for conference crown.

GA State will probably be a stepping stone type job for a while, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Schools like Houston, Western Kentucky, GA Southern, W. Michigan, Cinncinnati have been viewed as stepping stone jobs, but they've also been good teams. If leadership does the right thing and gets a good coach, GA State can be just as good as those teams.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
See, I thought that for a while, but it's pretty clear the administration doesn't support football the way those schools do. And the last guy they brought in had no Southeast recruiting ties, to the point that in a lot of ways they've been passed by Kennesaw State. KSU has better facilities, a better campus atmosphere, and less competition in their region.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
See, I thought that for a while, but it's pretty clear the administration doesn't support football the way those schools do. And the last guy they brought in had no Southeast recruiting ties, to the point that in a lot of ways they've been passed by Kennesaw State. KSU has better facilities, a better campus atmosphere, and less competition in their region.

You think they won't support FB after spending all that money and resources on the new stadium?

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
We'll see. They got a sweetheart deal from the city for the Ted. I think it's as much for PR as it is football. Besides, people still don't go to games. I'm not sure why Georgia State thinks people will go to the Ted when they won't to the Dome...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We'll see. They got a sweetheart deal from the city for the Ted. I think it's as much for PR as it is football. Besides, people still don't go to games. I'm not sure why Georgia State thinks people will go to the Ted when they won't to the Dome...

I think you have to put a winning product on the field. Same with any school. If GA State doesn't put a winning product on the field, they will have just as many fans show up to the new stadium as they did in the dome.

I'm not saying GA State is destined for greatness by any means. Just saying that things set up well for them to potentially have a good team if admins don't eff it up.