Marcordes

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely love how Roof was using Marcordes yesterday. I've always wanted him to play in a role where he could rush the passer. He's got great length and speed. He's just a little light, but sometimes speed makes up for it.

He impacted the game in several ways: The strip sack that Nealy returned for a TD, and the holding penalty that caused NC State's TD to be overturned. He also has flex ability to cover the TE, which we saw in the endzone. He had 4 tackles, 2.5 TFL, a sack, and a caused fumble yesterday. It was easily TM's best game in a GT uniform.

You never know what you have until you let a player off the leash.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
we have really needed that type of play this yr from SOMEBODY,glad he was "doing it"
but the truth is he has been less than impressive all yr til now

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Sometimes it's about being played right schematically and given the chance.

I've thought since 2011 that Days would be a hell of a B-Back because he runs with the kind of wild abandon needed at that position, but the staff wasted a lot of time moving him around aimlessly. It's as if once he didn't make it at QB they had no idea what to do with him - which kind of defeats the whole recruit a ton of QBs and move them argument.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
we have really needed that type of play this yr from SOMEBODY,glad he was "doing it"
but the truth is he has been less than impressive all yr til now

Maybe it was how they were using him. Look at Synjn as an example. Was always a great athlete, did well at AB, but has been fantastic at BB.

Being put in the right place to make plays goes a long way.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes it's about being played right schematically and given the chance.

I've thought since 2011 that Days would be a hell of a B-Back because he runs with the kind of wild abandon needed at that position, but the staff wasted a lot of time moving him around aimlessly. It's as if once he didn't make it at QB they had no idea what to do with him - which kind of defeats the whole recruit a ton of QBs and move them argument.

I agree and disagree. I agree that as soon as it became clear Synjyn wasn't going to be a QB I wanted him moved to B-Back (probably 2012 for me). However, we also had Perkins, Sims and Laskey at B-Back, so I kind of understood them thinking that Days might see the field more quickly as an A-Back. He also was still having fumble problems in 2012. So, I disagree that the staff was aimlessly wasting time in finding his position.