Lipscomb, baseball

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope so, I was thinking he's the next Bartnicki
If Samol can get the control down I could see him as one of our weekend starters before the end of the year. A good lefty starter is a big plus especially in our ball park. Samol looks very relaxed with his delivery and at 6'8" he can be a monster. He appears to throw mid 90's with ease. If he can control that over the top curve ball he can be really tough. I'm looking forward to his progression throughout the year.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
If Samol can get the control down I could see him as one of our weekend starters before the end of the year. A good lefty starter is a big plus especially in our ball park. Samol looks very relaxed with his delivery and at 6'8" he can be a monster. He appears to throw mid 90's with ease. If he can control that over the top curve ball he can be really tough. I'm looking forward to his progression throughout the year.
He’s definitely a huge development project for ‘ol Borrell. (LOL. No pun intended!)

242 pounds! What a stud. And … he’s just barely out of high school right now.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Bartnicki was pretty dang good as a freshman, actually that was his best year imo. He was a guy that represented the Institution with class, and battled through some tough times as he struggled. Let’s not throw dirt on him now, or any of our guys. I’ll take the heat , and I know some disagree, but that’s my opinion.

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Bartnicki was pretty dang good as a freshman, actually that was his best year imo. He was a guy that represented the Institution with class, and battled through some tough times as he struggled. Let’s not throw dirt on him now, or any of our guys. I’ll take the heat , and I know some disagree, but that’s my opinion.
He got the yips and was never the same. Couldn’t throw a strike to save his life

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
100%

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t post often, but follow along. I’m not a fan of calling out by name, any player, former or current. Having said that, I’m not calling any other poster out. I just don’t think that it benefits GT in any way. Who knows if a potential recruit or his family reads this forum. I just don’t think it is a good look for our fan base. The coaches get paid, I can live with criticism and questioning them. That’s part of their job, it goes with the profession. I am on record of being a big CDH fan, and nothing has changed that. Once again JMO. GO JACKETS!

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I don’t post often, but follow along. I’m not a fan of calling out by name, any player, former or current. Having said that, I’m not calling any other poster out. I just don’t think that it benefits GT in any way. Who knows if a potential recruit or his family reads this forum. I just don’t think it is a good look for our fan base. The coaches get paid, I can live with criticism and questioning them. That’s part of their job, it goes with the profession. I am on record of being a big CDH fan, and nothing has changed that. Once again JMO. GO JACKETS!
I agree. Well said.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Exactly my point. I haven’t been that impressed, hence the comparison to Bartnicki
Smh you don’t know much about baseball do you? Kid had Tommy John in 2021 and didn’t play 2020 because of COVID. Despite missing two years of high school ball he is arguably the most talented pitcher on our roster. How can you not be impressed with an over the top 90+ mph fastball from a lefty who also throws a 11-6 curve and has great movement on his two seam at 91? LOL

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tell us about the pitching. Yielding 5 runs to a weaker team doesn’t sound great on the surface.
It was a good [effective] pitching performance.
-3 solo HRs (solo HRs won't kill you).
-1 unearned run .. although the error was an exchange between 2 pitchers. :) Pitchers need to help themselves & each other out on D.
- 1 run in mop up duty in 9th.

Giving up 5 runs is a formula for winning a lot of games for this team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It was a good [effective] pitching performance.
-3 solo HRs (solo HRs won't kill you).
-1 unearned run .. although the error was an exchange between 2 pitchers. :) Pitchers need to help themselves & each other out on D.
- 1 run in mop up duty in 9th.

Giving up 5 runs is a formula for winning a lot of games for this team.
Thanks. I didn't get to watch any of it and so was wondering.