LB depth

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I liked seeing the 3-3-5. I think that gave us the best pressure on the passer, bringing a LB from the stand-up position, or 2 LB's from stand-up.
Maybe Whitehead can end up playing that stand-up rush end/backer. He's s bit light for an every down DE and is apparently not good enough at coverage for a full time LB. If he's as good at rushing the passer as everyone claims, this could be a way to get him more involved.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Whitehead can end up playing that stand-up rush end/backer. He's s bit light for an every down DE and is apparently not good enough at coverage for a full time LB. If he's as good at rushing the passer as everyone claims, this could be a way to get him more involved.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that we went back to 4 down linemen as our base D vs FSU and MissSt

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I totally agree with boomer. When i watched harrell i wasnt sure if the guy in front of him was much better if even better.....
I agree with you guys on Harrell. I think he brings it every play and just seems like a natural out there. I think he was coming off a pretty serious knee injury from the prior season and maybe that's why he wasn't the number one guy. Does anyone know this to be true? In any event by season's end he looked 100% to me.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you guys on Harrell. I think he brings it every play and just seems like a natural out there. I think he was coming off a pretty serious knee injury from the prior season and maybe that's why he wasn't the number one guy. Does anyone know this to be true? In any event by season's end he looked 100% to me.
He was not quite 100% coming into the season opener. I expect he played his way into shape on STs and was 100% the last few games.