Lance Terry to Sit out 2023-2024 Season

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I don't think CDS would approve of Terry's redshirt if he didn't have a plan which isn't public. A third player has to leave after this year. CDS can either control or trusts the departing.
Don’t we have 3 coming in and 3 leaving? Kyle, Claude and Duowani are all seniors out of eligibility I think.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Duowani has a COVID year. If we have no available scholarships, we may not be able to grant it. Other players may leave. A nice job offer may happen for one of the seniors.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know if Ndongo is quite tall enough to be a top NBA pick just yet without a bit more seasoning, but I’m definitely preparing myself to lose some players early the way Stoudamire is recruiting.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ibrahim Souare may be a contributing big man next year. On ramblinwreck.com, Coach Stoudamire says: “Ibrahim can rebound the ball. He’s a rim-runner and a shot-blocker. He’s longer that you think, and he’s an out-of-his-area rebounder, that’s his forte.”

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
That’s my nightmare
If I didn't feel good about Damon and his staff's recruiting capabilities I'd have that as a nightmare, too. But if he can show this quickly an ability to help get kids to the NBA then that'll make recruiting here even stronger!!! So while I would LOVE to see Baye stay more than 1 year I wouldn't mind if he plays so good this year that we win more games than we thought and then he goes to the NBA and reps GT well!!!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Duowani has a COVID year. If we have no available scholarships, we may not be able to grant it. Other players may leave. A nice job offer may happen for one of the seniors.
Damon said in yesterday's press conference that Lance was a proven shooter, one the best defensive guards in the conference, and that he was a starter before the injury.

A lot can change in a year, but he said that he is excited about coaching him next season. It's safe to say that they will find a spot for him.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Some other "Stuff" outside of GT MBB in the attached article.

Does the first comment about being a portal guy make you wonder if Lance WILL be back at GT next year? Granted the next quote infers the will be the case, but I wouldn't think that Lance would be showing coach all of his playing cards at this time if he is looking around.

“That was a Lance decision,” Stoudamire said of Terry shutting it down for the remainder of the campaign. “I’m for anything that a kid wants to do. Now that he’s done it, I would say this: You talk a lot about portal guys, the (transfer) portal, you know how I always get that hit? I mean, that’s a great portal guy right there sitting right here."

“When he got injured, he was probably a starter. So to have him coming back next year with what we’ll have coming back, I look forward to it.”

slugboy

Staff member

Does the first comment about being a portal guy make you wonder if Lance WILL be back at GT next year? Granted the next quote infers the will be the case, but I wouldn't think that Lance would be showing coach all of his playing cards at this time if he is looking around.

“That was a Lance decision,” Stoudamire said of Terry shutting it down for the remainder of the campaign. “I’m for anything that a kid wants to do. Now that he’s done it, I would say this: You talk a lot about portal guys, the (transfer) portal, you know how I always get that hit? I mean, that’s a great portal guy right there sitting right here."

“When he got injured, he was probably a starter. So to have him coming back next year with what we’ll have coming back, I look forward to it.”

I think he means that Terry is a great player FROM the portal

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

He simply means that the addition of Lance to next years team is the equivalent of landing a high-level portal guy.

I mean anything is possible, but I wouldn't look too far into this one.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Lance graduates and decides to move on, he's got my blessing.

Alternatively, he'll be playing combo guard for a coach who can develop guards and has good connections to the pros, so it's a good spot to show out as senior leader next year.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
That he is back practicing with the team is good for both Terry and the team. He could be a very good addition next year. Viewing his as coming in from the Portal makes sense from CDS comments.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

I sure he hope he is coming back for us next year. He has saved a year and hope he is happy with Stoudamire and players around him. He needs to see a future competitive team next year.