Kel Johnson Out

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
This is terrible news. He has been incredible so far.. Oh well.. time for the next guy to step up. Ryan Peurifoy and Dan Gooden should get plenty of playing time now..

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yup. You could tell he knew he had hurt it when it happened on Saturday. Actually very happy it isn't broken, but severe sprains can take quite a while to overcome.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We don't know how bad it is, but he needs to have it get better since he has to cover a lot of ground in the outfield. He'll probably come back as DH before he goes back to outfield.

Looks like Peurifoy will play right instead. So we will pick up some defensive speed and ability but lose some power.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
How did that happen? Looked like the UNC 1st Baseman had hi foot on the front of the bag? As in directly where a base runner would first touch the bag...is that legal within the rules of baseball?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
How did that happen? Looked like the UNC 1st Baseman had hi foot on the front of the bag? As in directly where a base runner would first touch the bag...is that legal within the rules of baseball?

It's only illegal if it's done intentionally. Sometimes it just happens.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I had a grade 2 sprain when I was 32; still couldn't run on the damn thing 5 months later! But I didn't do the intensive rehab I'm sure Kel is doing, and I'm no athlete, so I hope the 1 month time frame is more accurate for him.

Hated to see him get hurt - he might be our best frosh position player since Weiters.