Justin Thomas' Historical QB Efficiency Comparison

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
This chart is quite lengthy but the first thing I will point out is that Justin Thomas is runner-up in NCAA and NFL efficiency to Joe Hamilton's best season of 1999. The next thing is how sad Tech's QB's performed under Gailey. Gailey's best NCAA passer rating was AJ Suggs, who I thought was one of the worst QB's since Tommy Luginbill. I used to give the excuse that Pat Nix's offense was predicated on the playaction pass making Reggie's less than 50% accuracy slightly excusable but when you look at CPJ's domination of the passing efficiency stats, Pat Nix has no excuse. CPJ's QB's own 4 of the top 5 spots. Go big or don't throw!

www.fromtherumbleseat.com/geor...ency-comparison

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
It's been pretty well established on here that the Gailey offense was this glorious, unstoppable force and that the struggles during those years were the defense's fault. Quit introducing facts to derail that narrative! ;)

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I find this table to be a little eye opening. Look at 2008 Nesbitt... Hard to believe we won 9 games that year. Tevin was also a lot better than we give him credit for. We just didn't tend to show up in big games with him at the helm. I'm getting memories back of how bad 2010 was...

fridge3.0.png

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
I find this table to be a little eye opening. Look at 2008 Nesbitt... Hard to believe we won 9 games that year. Tevin was also a lot better than we give him credit for. We just didn't tend to show up in big games with him at the helm. I'm getting memories back of how bad 2010 was...

fridge3.0.png
Could you add a turnover columns for INT's, fumbles, and pitch fumbles?

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
It will be interesting to see how JT ends the season, playing two huge games plus a bowl game, so a lot of football left!

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
It's kind of deceiving when you look at the TD's accounted for by the various QB's when you consider that Justin is responsible for driving several more opportunities downfield that Byerly got the call for the TD runs.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
It's kind of deceiving when you look at the TD's accounted for by the various QB's when you consider that Justin is responsible for driving several more opportunities downfield that Byerly got the call for the TD runs.
Byerly has 7 rush TD's this year. I went back to the play by plays for the breakdown:

4 TD's off JT drives in short yardage
2 TD's from normal drives he started (vs. Duke)
1 TD after a blocked punt against Tulane where the drive started at the 1 yard line.

It would not be unrealistic for JT to have 5 more rushing TD's.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Byerly has 7 rush TD's this year. I went back to the play by plays for the breakdown:

4 TD's off JT drives in short yardage
2 TD's from normal drives he started (vs. Duke)
1 TD after a blocked punt against Tulane where the drive started at the 1 yard line.

It would not be unrealistic for JT to have 5 more rushing TD's.

I can see Justin with 3 to 5 TD Passes as well as, PERHAPS, a couple of TD runds over our next three games. I just think the rushing TD's are a lot less likely as Justin is usually pulled when we get close to the Goal Line so, in my opinion, he's best opportunity is for rushes over 10 yards.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

fridge3.0.png
If Nesbitt doesn't break his arm against VT, I think 2010 actually turns out to be a pretty good season. The fact is Tevin just flat out wasn't ready to lead the team. We had the bad loss at Kansas, and got beat by Russell Wilson, but it looked like we had turned the corner before the injury. Senior leaders at QB & BB, Hot Rod Jones at AB, and Stephen Hill at WR...the pieces were there for a dangerous offense. We win that VT game and we likely take the division. Just another reason to hate the Hokies.