Just wondering?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I know we didn't look good but I was just watching the first half because I missed it. Not blaming it on this but it looked as if we were on skates, slipping and sliding everywhere. I wonder if we had the same length spikes as Duke did because they looked like they could react better without slipping?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Cleats should NEVER be an issue. Our guys have either turf shoes, molded cleats, or adjustable cleats, and our equipment guys bring different length studs for the adjustable cleats. Our guys get to the stadium 2-3 hours before the game to get dressed and warm up and during those few hours before the game they should be running around making sure their footwear is good for the game. If they're slipping around during warmups, they need to talk to the equipment manager to get longer studs for their cleats.

Every player has their preference in terms of length of their studs, or if they want to wear the molded/turf shoes/adjustable cleats. It's not like the guys are allowed to bring only one pair of cleats and they better have chosen correctly or else. It's up to the players to find what suits them on the field.