Just finished watching Purdue / PSU

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Full disclosure, Purdue has always been my team and yea, I’m venting... but this game proves two things I have come to know without question:
1. You have to be able to run the football. Period. End of discussion.
2. Prevent sucks. It sucks hard. I believe the next contract we sign should include firing for cause if we lose a single game for going prevent when we’re up < 7 points.

That’s all..

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Full disclosure, Purdue has always been my team and yea, I’m venting... but this game proves two things I have come to know without question:
2. Prevent sucks. It sucks hard. I believe the next contract we sign should include firing for cause if we lose a single game for going prevent when we’re up < 7 points.

That’s all..
I remember CCL saying in his presser that he want's to establisb the run at the end of games this definitly adds to it He was the right hire

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I remember CCL saying in his presser that he want's to establisb the run at the end of games this definitly adds to it He was the right hire
It was a perfect example. Text book. Frustrating as hell.

And because I’m venting at midnight in a GT board, let me clarify one thing from my first post.... I am a GT fan. I have been since high school and was thrilled to come here. Both parents were boilermakers so Purdue has been in my blood since ‘74...
I stand by everything else. :ROFLMAO:

MidtownJacket

Staff member
It was a perfect example. Text book. Frustrating as hell.

And because I’m venting at midnight in a GT board, let me clarify one thing from my first post.... I am a GT fan. I have been since high school and was thrilled to come here. Both parents were boilermakers so Purdue has been in my blood since ‘74...
I stand by everything else. :ROFLMAO:
If it helps o live streamed another game from the 4th Q to close.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

That’s all..
The "prevent defense" is designed to prevent you from winning the game.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I was rooting hard for Purdue and thought they had a real chance to close it out after that INT for a TD. (BTW don't watch that replay if you have a weak stomach, dude straight up yacked after he got back to the sidelines.) Unfortunately, you have to be able to ice the game away on the ground and that just didn't happen. I don't really understand the play calling either because their RB seemed to be able to get 3-4 yards on his own with how physical he was running. Was it the OC's fault for not calling the right plays? Or did he not have any faith in his running game?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I was rooting hard for Purdue and thought they had a real chance to close it out after that INT for a TD. (BTW don't watch that replay if you have a weak stomach, dude straight up yacked after he got back to the sidelines.) Unfortunately, you have to be able to ice the game away on the ground and that just didn't happen. I don't really understand the play calling either because their RB seemed to be able to get 3-4 yards on his own with how physical he was running. Was it the OC's fault for not calling the right plays? Or did he not have any faith in his running game?
Agree completely... Purdue rushed 23 times for 70 yards. Not impressive but certainly not anemic! I think they just didn’t WANT to call running plays. I get that you want to play to your strength but I think you have to sprinkle in some run and either shorten the game or steal time outs. Brohm essentially said as much after the game but it hurts to let that one get away.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Agree completely... Purdue rushed 23 times for 70 yards. Not impressive but certainly not anemic! I think they just didn’t WANT to call running plays. I get that you want to play to your strength but I think you have to sprinkle in some run and either shorten the game or steal time outs. Brohm essentially said as much after the game but it hurts to let that one get away.

Wow, other fans criticize their losing coaches? When you lose, either prevent or the other team figuring out how to defend what you are doing (which is part of the reason they could catch up) are fair game.

I like Purdue too. It was a school I was thinking of going to and I've liked their alum in general.