Jackets shut down Clemson's high school offense

charles

Jolly Good Fellow
That's should be the headlines in the newspaper tomorrow; All the pundit's that think Tech's offense is high school should educate themselves, TOPIC OVER.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Well we all know that Chad's offense is the end all to beat all. It is perfection. It is the Tiger's Roar... okay the cat's meow.

But wait! A defense rated in the bottom half of the NCAA just held it to SIX (6) points!!! Our HS offense did score 15 points (the D got 13) against one of th top D's in the NCAA.

GO JACKETS!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's should be the headlines in the newspaper tomorrow; All the pundit's that think Tech's offense is high school should educate themselves, TOPIC OVER.

Pretty much agree. And I'm belaboring this point but I'm leading the "over-rated" chant for Chad Morris. That whole offense is bubble-screen here, screen-pass there, read-option and hope a superior athlete makes a play in space. Absent superior talent at every key position it's very pedestrian.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Pretty much agree. And I'm belaboring this point but I'm leading the "over-rated" chant for Chad Morris. That whole offense is bubble-screen here, screen-pass there, read-option and hope a superior athlete makes a play in space. Absent superior talent at every key position it's very pedestrian.

AMEN!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Our O still put up 350+ yards on Clemson, and had over 200 yards rushing against a D that was only giving up 90 rushing yards a game. We didn't get as many TDs, but the O put our special teams in position for the field goals.

CPJ definitely did more with what he had than Chad Morris did with his guys. On top of that, CPJ had to scheme against far superior talent against Clemson's D than Morris had to do against our D.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Of course coach gets credit for the improved defense - he got involved a few weeks ago after the backpedal defense let us loose to miami.

Based on this game what coach gets credit for allowing / telling the recruiters to get ga tech a field goal kicker. Yesterday Without those deep kicks and field goal points would have been a much closer game. Going to need him on his a game the rest of the year.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Of course coach gets credit for the improved defense - he got involved a few weeks ago after the backpedal defense let us loose to miami.

Based on this game what coach gets credit for allowing / telling the recruiters to get ga tech a field goal kicker. Yesterday Without those deep kicks and field goal points would have been a much closer game. Going to need him on his a game the rest of the year.

Huh?