Interview Interview wirh new GT commit Jalen Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Q: Why did you chose GT?

A: Great school!! It's close to home! Great facilities, I had a good relationship with coach pelton, my family loved it, and you get a great education and I loved it!

Q: What position did you commit to GT, and how you feel about playing under Roof?

A: I committed as a DB! It feels great, he seems like a great coach!!!

Q: Will you be taking anymore visits?

A: No sir, no more visits!

Q: What do you feel you can bring to the team?

A: I feel like my size and mobility can help a lot!

Q: What did Coach Johnson say when you committed to GT?

A: I am calling him sometime tonight!

Q: What did Coach Pelton say?

A: He was really excited about it and he was happy for me! He said the staff is gonna be really happy because they really wanted me!!

Q: Any last message for the GT fans?

A: I'm gonna come up there and work hard and do everything I can to make the team better! Go yellow jackets!!!

Click here for the dedicated discussion thread for Jalen Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This kid's being shredded by the "won't accept mediocrity" crowd on the message boards. The same guys who do zero evaluation of their own, or research, for that matter, and look only at offer lists and star ratings. These same guys are the ones who ***** and moan when the "crappy" recruit takes a last minute factory offer and leaves us at the alter.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
dressedcheeseside said:
This kid's being shredded by the "won't accept mediocrity" crowd on the message boards. The same guys who do zero evaluation of their own, or research, for that matter, and look only at offer lists and star ratings. These same guys are the ones who ***** and moan when the "crappy" recruit takes a last minute factory offer and leaves us at the alter.

They are never happy. Nothing will change the opinion they have.

Johnson had almost 60 catches for 900 yards and 14 Tds last year...while having 88 tackles on D and 5 INTs.

If the staff is willing to take someone this early it's someone we should be excited about...Johnson has great size and moves well. Nothing wrong with him at all. Good prospect.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Super excited two big physical safeties that have speed and can hit. Pelton hand picked this recruit for a reason, this is the type of recruiting I love .. No offense to the little guys but I want Bigger, Faster, Stronger athletes accross the board.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
ATL1 said:
Super excited two big physical safeties that have speed and can hit. Pelton hand picked this recruit for a reason, this is the type of recruiting I love .. No offense to the little guys but I want Bigger, Faster, Stronger athletes accross the board.

This is highlighted the Saturday after Thanksgiving. If a DB can't jam Gurly or Marshall and not let them fall forward another 3 yards we don't need them. 6'3" and an eventual 215lbs of muscle with a running start should be just the recipe to make that happen

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
UGA and to some extinct BYU manhandled GT last year. Gurley rested the third quarter, Godhigh gettin tossed like a rag doll. Disgusting. I don't care what these guys say size matters same with speed.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
dressedcheeseside said:

This is one reason that I don't even browse most of the fan boards anymore. Too many guys looking for an outlet to complain about why life isn't what they thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.