Injuries

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Other than Cooley, who else went down? Was it Height or Makius who went down? I know Romello continued to play if so. Anyone at the game get an eye on Cooley after he came off?

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
I realize coach Key recited the non-specific 'guys banged up' line in the press conference today which is not unexpected given the intensity of the FSU game in particular, but I just wanted to say how nice it was to witness the hustle and physicality of the Tech players on Saturday while also not witnessing GT players dropping to the ground every other play as often occurred under the previous coaching regime. I don't know if it's the strength & conditioning, the trainers, the culture, something else, or all of the above, but 'toughness' isn't just a catch phrase for this team. They are tougher than before in every sense of the word. Besides Cooley, I don't recall any major stoppages for injured Tech players who didn't return to the game. So, hopefully the 'guys banged up' is nothing too serious. Looking forward to seeing more of the same in 4 days!

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I realize coach Key recited the non-specific 'guys banged up' line in the press conference today which is not unexpected given the intensity of the FSU game in particular, but I just wanted to say how nice it was to witness the hustle and physicality of the Tech players on Saturday while also not witnessing GT players dropping to the ground every other play as often occurred under the previous coaching regime. I don't know if it's the strength & conditioning, the trainers, the culture, something else, or all of the above, but 'toughness' isn't just a catch phrase for this team. They are tougher than before in every sense of the word. Besides Cooley, I don't recall any major stoppages for injured Tech players who didn't return to the game. So, hopefully the 'guys banged up' is nothing too serious. Looking forward to seeing more of the same in 4 days!
This surprised me. Seems like there are at least a half-dozen injury time-outs in most games. I don't recall any for either team. Maybe the lack of hurry-up offenses and cooler weather?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This surprised me. Seems like there are at least a half-dozen injury time-outs in most games. I don't recall any for either team. Maybe the lack of hurry-up offenses and cooler weather?
That guy we had as a coach, TFP, had guys grab thier leg and flop down.
You guys at home got fresh snacks but at the games we got to see TFP go over to guy, pretend he care then see him jog off with him

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
He played a few snaps
Interesting. Lockett wasn't listed on the participation report releasted by the ACC. Did you see him in the game on video or in person? If he wasn't able to play, that makes our defensive performance even more impressive because Lockett would have been expected to be a big contributor on the interior line. Hope he recovers quickly!

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. Lockett wasn't listed on the participation report releasted by the ACC. Did you see him in the game on video or in person? If he wasn't able to play, that makes our defensive performance even more impressive because Lockett would have been expected to be a big contributor on the interior line. Hope he recovers quickly!
That table does not list number of plays. Only stats. If he played, but did not record a tackle, he would not show up on that list.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, the early games usually have at least one stoppage for a cramp on each drive it seems like. Playing only 60 snaps in 50 degree weather is going to prevent a lot of the cramping.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
That guy we had as a coach, TFP, had guys grab thier leg and flop down.
You guys at home got fresh snacks but at the games we got to see TFP go over to guy, pretend he care then see him jog off with him
Back then, one of our defesive guys always stayed down after the other team had a big play. I think it was to prevent them from quick snapping the next play. It happened every time. The opponent breaks a long one, I would yell, "it's time for an injury", and someone complies like they can hear me and stays down. It was completely pathetic.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Other than Cooley, who else went down? Was it Height or Makius who went down? I know Romello continued to play if so. Anyone at the game get an eye on Cooley after he came off?

Key:

“Yeah, you know, you never know how a game was going to play out. You know, last week was a 53 play game so it was really only room for two guys in a perfect world you look for three guys in a game to carry the load so the health is good health is really good in the running back room in other places we'll see but the running back room we're full go right now."

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Just checked Covers.com again for updates – none yet for us or GSU.

Thought I’d pass along something odd though – the mutts have 3 players listed as suspended, the most of any team (shocking!). The strange thing is that all their suspended players are also listed as “questionable”. Seems to me that a suspension either is or isn’t, so how can it be questionable? Maybe the suspension will be be waived if the player doesn’t get arrested again before the next game?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the suspension will be be waived if the player doesn’t get arrested again before the next game?
that’s pretty harsh demanding no more arrests for a whole week. Damn man, at least give them a chance to play. They already had to be chauffeured instead of driving themselves, had to pay for their own ho and were forced to eat in a cafeteria.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Just checked Covers.com again for updates – none yet for us or GSU.

Thought I’d pass along something odd though – the mutts have 3 players listed as suspended, the most of any team (shocking!). The strange thing is that all their suspended players are also listed as “questionable”. Seems to me that a suspension either is or isn’t, so how can it be questionable? Maybe the suspension will be be waived if the player doesn’t get arrested again before the next game?
Ugag always suspends players for the first game. Usually it’s a 3rd team LB or for one quarter if they’re a starter.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
The SEC has passed a rule concerning player availability. B1G already has a rule. Will the ACC and Big 12 Follow?

SEC rule requires the availability report 3 days before the game. Players to be listed as follows: available--probable--questionable---doubtful---out.

See article for details.

Last edited: