Incoming Class Ranked #11..Maybe Better

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
http://RamblinWreck.com http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/112614aaa.html …

"This is a highly-ranked class that we're very excited about," said Hall. "To have another class ranked this high speaks to the great work that our coaching staff has done in identifying the top talent in our state and getting them here to Georgia Tech. We wanted to bring in pitchers to add depth to our bullpen, and we did that. We needed some catching behind Arden (Pabst) and Grant (Wruble), and Joey Bart and Tyler Stevenson will certainly bring that. Brandt Stallings brings some power, as does Bart, and Carter Hall brings athleticism in the infield."
http://t.co/y0KRQxGyCU

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Perfect Game has us at 12th for recruiting class in 2015. Pretty good. http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2014/12/22/2015-collegiate-baseball-division-1-preseason-poll/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed: CollegeBaseballDaily (College Baseball Daily)

And coaches poll has us at #26. Plenty of room for improvement there. Given all the pitching we lost (I still can't believe Heddinger left), who knows. http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com...CollegeBaseballDaily+(College+Baseball+Daily)

But with 8 pitchers coming in, someone will work out and we have good coaches.

How many top recruiting classes does it take? Tech baseball is like ugag football. Consistently bringing in top talent only to see the team crash and burn. Tech baseball motto "wait till next year"

They won end of year tourney. After going less than 500 in the regular season. Getting hot for the acc tourney and winning is an indictment of a team that under achieved during the regular season. Smelters recruiting class was regarded as one Tech ' s all time best, check those results. They will be less than stellar. Ever year is the same bs with Hall and co. One of two things is occurring: 1. Incoming classes are overrated or 2. Players aren't being developed. Tech baseball is the best thing tech has, but also the most frustrating.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
They won end of year tourney. After going less than 500 in the regular season. Getting hot for the acc tourney and winning is an indictment of a team that under achieved during the regular season. Smelters recruiting class was regarded as one Tech ' s all time best, check those results. They will be less than stellar. Ever year is the same bs with Hall and co. One of two things is occurring: 1. Incoming classes are overrated or 2. Players aren't being developed. Tech baseball is the best thing tech has, but also the most frustrating.

Was sort of a joke, at least our baseball team wins some ACC titles...more than you can say about uga.

Was sort of a joke, at least our baseball team wins some ACC titles...more than you can say about uga.
Yes at least they do win a conf titles. That is why i'm frustrated more with the baseball team than anything related to Tech. They should be a top five team just about every year and when not in the top 5 at least top 20. Tech baseball is rich in tradition no doubt. I was actually at the CWS when Varitek (please pardon the spelling) and crew got screwed by the tourney format.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes at least they do win a conf titles. That is why i'm frustrated more with the baseball team than anything related to Tech. They should be a top five team just about every year and when not in the top 5 at least top 20. Tech baseball is rich in tradition no doubt. I was actually at the CWS when Varitek (please pardon the spelling) and crew got screwed by the tourney format.

GT's baseball program over the last 10 years is a top 10 program in winning percentage - at least it was when I checked about 2 years ago on some site. We do pretty well for where we are recruiting .....

Here's Perfect Game rankings for recruiting classes for GT (UGAg far out recruits us but we've won like 5 of 6 series)
2011 14th (#28th player never came)
2012 43rd (no top 100 players)
2013 9th (both top 100 players never came)
2014 33rd (we kept Kel Johnson #52)
2015 12th (two top 100 players who probably won't end up at GT based only on past experience)

Danny Hall has a great record, except in the post season CWS. I think that is as much luck and depth of pitching as anything. But that is why most of our recruits are now pitchers - 8 of 13 in 2015 are pitchers. And it's been that way in recent classes.

But anyway, while all teams lose most of their top 100 players to MLB minors, we probably recruit at about 15th to 20th overall after attrition. And that's about where we end up. If we recruited like UVa or UGAg, I'd understand the frustration.

Beesball is by far the most winning major varsity sport at GT over the last 30 years. And it's fun to watch the players develop for the 3-4 years they are here.