Impartial Announcing

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Does Roddy really need to praise uga as much as he has during the first game and also tonight? It’s the acc network and everyone knows these are “Tech” announcers.

I feel like the same thing against Auburn. Maybe the espn suits told him to talk about Strickland building a “powerhouse”, us losing however many in a row to ga prior to this season, and then also in football before his 2008 win but it seems excessive.

I have turned off Roddy Jones and Andy Demetra so I can listen to the radio. This is partially bc Wiley is second to none, but man this feels like something that only should happen during football season.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Does Roddy really need to praise uga as much as he has during the first game and also tonight? It’s the acc network and everyone knows these are “Tech” announcers.

I feel like the same thing against Auburn. Maybe the espn suits told him to talk about Strickland building a “powerhouse”, us losing however many in a row to ga prior to this season, and then also in football before his 2008 win but it seems excessive.

I have turned off Roddy Jones and Andy Demetra so I can listen to the radio. This is partially bc Wiley is second to none, but man this feels like something that only should happen during football season.

I just came to complain about the same thing. It feels like he's overcompensating or something. Does his degree say TECH or not??

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe hes trying to make amends after he insulted each and every uga fan by torching them for 214 yards as a freshman...

I for one actually prefer impartial announcing. I cant stand listening to other teams' homer broadcasters, I can imagine most people are the same.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
Impartial was a joke. Roddy saying 3 times that the bulldogs are a powerhouse is simply bizzare.

Im actually not sure how these baseball games work but I believe tech has the option to use its own announcers. Should be Wiley. He is not impartial but I bet most people here like him.
I was watching, not listening. He wasn’t being derisive was he? If not, someone needs to calibrate him.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I’ve noticed before that Tech announcers seem to be remarkably impartial (as much as you can reasonably expect) even during our own feeds. I thinks it’s pretty professional of them. And don’t have an issue with it.

It really occurred to me after watching the Louisville series with their commentators complaining about balls/strikes literally every other half inning. It was like they pulled two fans out of the stands. They’d complain 3 batters later about what the game situation would have been if they hadn’t called a ball on the 1-1 count to the leadoff hitter.