iMO

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Look some on here don't care for GCG and yes I'm one of them. But understand those of us who don't care for CGC are still Tech fans and want better.
And then we have some that still like him . and they still think we can turn it around with him. And they are Tech fans.
And then there are a few who go from one to the other and they are fan Tech fans.
But no matter which you are remember that all of us love Tech . there is no reason to get mad at each other just cause you don't agree with them. You will not change anyone to don't try.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Look some on here don't care for GCG and yes I'm one of them. But understand those of us who don't care for CGC are still Tech fans and want better.
And then we have some that still like him . and they still think we can turn it around with him. And they are Tech fans.
And then there are a few who go from one to the other and they are fan Tech fans.
But no matter which you are remember that all of us love Tech . there is no reason to get mad at each other just cause you don't agree with them. You will not change anyone to don't try.
We can still be friends but that clown is ruining my favorite team

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate the attempt in this thread, but we will all be called “so called fans” at some point in the next day or two from one side or the other.

I find it hilarious that several members’ argument against people they disagree with is that they spend an ungodly amount of time on a Georgia Tech football message board and watch all the games with the board members, but are not actually Georgia Tech fans. Flawless logic, really.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
As stated this thread in other threads, those are come to this site are Tech fans. If not, then they are truly board in their lives and just looking for something strange to do.

People willing to spend a little time to BMC, (b****, moan, complain), do so because they do have some care about the team.

Hope that some or all of you who have tickets for the next two games still come to the stadium to root on the team.

My crew and I will be there cheering for the jackets even if our expectations are low.

LibertyTurns

Banned
How can you hate GT so much to want to let the players to continue to suffer thru this regime? We’re in historic territory right now. We’ve lost more than any other coach has in his first 3 years except for Bill Curry. He had a monstrous rebuild, facilities were terrible and GT had been considering playing the ivies instead of D1 football. Curry did come in with Homer Rice and there was a lot of work to do to get us out of the gutter. Record wise, CGC is the worst of 13 coaches we ever had. Now he is only 2-3 wins away from overcoming the guy in the 90’s, but that’s a whole season worth at the rate we’re going.

The folks finding fault for people wanting to run off CGC, I say you’re doing more to harm the program. EVERYBODY knows we suck, most people don’t care enough to understand why, but to the casual outside observer (fans of other teams) we went from having a competitive team comprised of lowly talented recruits with a highly respected staff to an uncompetitive team with highly talented players led by a staff that is a joke. They can’t understand how we did that. GT fans do, but now we’ve seen the handwriting on the wall the only question that remains is how long does GT have to live with this before we finally make the decision that needs to be made?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
the only question that remains is how long does GT have to live with this before we finally make the decision that needs to be made?
Someone posted a very succint answer to your question here recently. Basically he or she said the change will be made if and when it makes financial sense to do so. That pretty much sums it up in the fewest possible words.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I learned a long time ago that what I did or didn't do had no effect on the outcome of the game. Coaches ignore journalists and fans for the most part. What matters is the stream of money needed to fund the program and that is what influences the AD the most. If Collins was winning just 6 or 7 games a year nobody would care about all the silly things he does, the slogans, or the way he dresses.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
We don't have the financial resources to start over unless unknown donor(s) are going to throw in some significant money. Second, even if we make a move to replace the coaching staff, you can't compete in the Power 5 when both coordinators are making less than 500K per year. So unless you want to significant increase your payroll, your ability to get a new head coach and significant upgrades in the coordinators will take a lot more money than we are spending today. Third if you start over with the current transfer portal allowing no year to sit out, you will lose a lot of our best players. I think a move to replace some coaches and give it one more year is realistic based on our financial constraints. You have to have a plan when you want to change coaches out and I just don't know where you would head to get a new head coaches and 2 coordinators for 4MM per year in today's way inflated coaching salary scale unless you go to Group of 5, unknown assistants or even maybe FCS.