IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE GAME ON FRIDAY... WEAR GOLD PLEASE!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I used to love the signs at BDS that said something like, "always wear gold"...

And how many people follow the rules? Very few smh

I really GT would just do this
D105967_FB_2324_WhatToWearFullSeason_v1_16x9.jpg

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
(PLEASE NOTE THIS IS UNOFFICAL) This is my idea of a uniform schedule for Tech. Lots of teams including NFL teams put out uniform schedules before the season. I've kept it simple and something that can be easily replicated year after year. GWG is the predominant home and away uniform. GBW for FCS opponents to remember the 1990 NC. WGW or GGW for homecoming. WWW for away at Wake since they have gold as one of their colors. It can be used for a whiteout game at home but I don't think that fits this years schedule. I debated putting GGW for uga so that they wouldn't wear red but we've never beaten them wearing gold tops. I also debated GWW for away at Miami. GWG is out traditional look and it should stay that way. The more we wear it the more it becomes out identity like it use to be.

2023 GT UNIFORM SCHEDULE2.png

Attachments

• 1693321654632.png
    1693321654632.png
    200.5 KB · Views: 6

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
(PLEASE NOTE THIS IS UNOFFICAL) This is my idea of a uniform schedule for Tech. Lots of teams including NFL teams put out uniform schedules before the season. I've kept it simple and something that can be easily replicated year after year. GWG is the predominant home and away uniform. GBW for FCS opponents to remember the 1990 NC. WGW or GGW for homecoming. WWW for away at Wake since they have gold as one of their colors. It can be used for a whiteout game at home but I don't think that fits this years schedule. I debated putting GGW for uga so that they wouldn't wear red but we've never beaten them wearing gold tops. I also debated GWW for away at Miami. GWG is out traditional look and it should stay that way. The more we wear it the more it becomes out identity like it use to be.

View attachment 14630
Needs way more G jersey. I'm biased but that is the most popular jersey by a long shot with recruits if you view any of their visit photos. I think we may also be the only team in FBS with a jersey this shade of gold so it could easily become our identity. Very few programs even have a yellow jersey but lots wear white.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Very few programs even have a yellow jersey but lots wear white.
There are only two teams that traditionally wear white at home Georgia Tech and LSU. (LSU started it because Tech did it long ago) What other teams am I missing that wear white at home in CFB? Lots of teams wear yellow jerseys. West Virginia, Oregon, Cal, Southern Miss, Baylor, Minnesota. Maybe not a lot of gold.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 14630
Either the BC or the UNC game will be the blackwatch jersey. That's more or less confirmed

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I wish we could somehow get the color of gold jersey from the Calvin vs. UVA throwback jersey. Also the Gailey era vegas gold jerseys were cool too. These new ones are.....yellow.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I wish we could somehow get the color of gold jersey from the Calvin vs. UVA throwback jersey. Also the Gailey era vegas gold jerseys were cool too. These new ones are.....yellow.
Same. It’s a matter of material. The fabric these companies use today is lighter and tighter and doesn’t have a sheen to it like the material of old. It’s been this way for us ever since 2008, although, I think we’ve had better years matching (Russell). Same with uga. Their pants are no longer silver. They’re gray.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Same. It’s a matter of material. The fabric these companies use today is lighter and tighter and doesn’t have a sheen to it like the material of old. It’s been this way for us ever since 2008, although, I think we’ve had better years matching (Russell). Same with uga. Their pants are no longer silver. They’re gray.
I've noticed a devolution in several teams' colors. Texas is supposed to be burnt orange, and they used to wear a very rich hue of that. Now it's more of a yucky red-orangey thing. The Jackets used to wear a rich old gold, like in my avatar. Now it's something different.

That being said, go to the game and you'll see fans wearing every shade and hue of gold imaginable.