If Nick Chubb can play as a freshman Why can't Leggett

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Guys, Nick Chubb isn't brainless at all. His brother is at the Air Force Academy and Mama made damn sure those young men and their sister did their school work first. I not saying he's an academic all american but don't think for one second he's just another "dumb jock".

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Nick Marshall

Waller & Smelter are seniors
Get the young guys game experience
Ummmm Nick Marshall plays at Auburn not UGA. I believe you are thinking of Keith Marshall who is a junior just like Gurley. As a true freshman Marshall had I believe over 750 rush yards so I wouldn't say he wasn't ready. He would be a starter and all conference or all american at any other school.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Guys, Nick Chubb isn't brainless at all. His brother is at the Air Force Academy and Mama made damn sure those young men and their sister did their school work first. I not saying he's an academic all american but don't think for one second he's just another "dumb jock".

please keep information such as this to yourself. it simply does not fit our narrative here at GT.;)

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Ummmm Nick Marshall plays at Auburn not UGA. I believe you are thinking of Keith Marshall who is a junior just like Gurley. As a true freshman Marshall had I believe over 750 rush yards so I wouldn't say he wasn't ready. He would be a starter and all conference or all american at any other school.

Thanks Keith Marshall
And he's hurt and tore his ACL last season and should have redshirted this year. He was not ready.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks Keith Marshall
And he's hurt and tore his ACL last season and should have redshirted this year. He was not ready.
Oh you were talking about this season, gotcha and I agree with you in that I think he should had red shirted this season as well. I believe it was about mid season when he hurt it last year and I agree that's not enough time.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Keith Marshall

That was dumb on UGA's part...all reports coming out of the offseason was he was still tentative and didn't exhibit the same explosion he use to have. With the depth they had at RB, a redshirt is the most prudent thing for Marshall's career.

We recruited him out of HS (he even visited us)...he would have been NASTY in this offense with his skillset.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Marshall should have been redshirted he wasn't ready.
Leggett gets his time. Let's hope he's successful.
I like Leggett. We should play more of our young guys at this point.
Juene, Messick, Leggett

I remeber when some people on this board didnt think Chubb was all that uh hum @Eric

I didn't think Chubb would be as good as he is. There's a reason why I'm on this message board and not running a recruiting business. :)