I really just don’t understand…

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Results would suggest otherwise. I mean, Kevin McCullar doesn't even mean that much.
He matters. He is not 29 points better than his replacement. Losing is ok. Losing by 29 is not is you are ranked #6. But whatever floats your boat.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He matters. He is not 29 points better than his replacement. Losing is ok. Losing by 29 is not is you are ranked #6. But whatever floats your boat.
So blame the writers that rank them there that don't watch the games.

The two teams are now ranked 18 and 21 in kenpom.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Nah some guy made a claim that a team that is 7-4 in the Big XII and playing without the CPOTY losing to a team that is 6-4 in the Big XII is a bad loss, because the computer said so.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nah some guy made a claim that a team that is 7-4 in the Big XII and playing without the CPOTY losing to a team that is 6-4 in the Big XII is a bad loss, because the computer said so.

We're just arguing over the tallest midget (no offense to midgets).

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
it is 100% NOT a coaching issue. Damon is very “good”… a team with SO LITTLE talent to lose to Louisville (twice? someone can't count) and to Wake by 40 SHOULDN'T beat Duke and UNC.
our COACH isn't great but only sh*t PLAYERS could produce these results
See? Framing things ridiculously and unfairly is a two-way street.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The score is what was bad. Not hard to see that. Losing, not really. This board melts down when Wake rolls GT. Wake is a much better team than GT. Perspective - not hard to see. Self’s worst loss against an un ranked team in long coaching career.

Jolly Good Fellow
See? Framing things ridiculously and unfairly is a two-way street.
I refuse to criticize 20 yr old kids.
I do not have a problem hammering a grown man making millions per year. In my opinion, Damon has failed miserably, so far. You are welcome to your opinion that blame falls on the players .

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
You hope the coach has learned this, do you? You know his background, right? Listen to him talk. It’s pretty obvious he understands the value of talented scorers.
Did you listen to his post game press conference a couple of games ago? He said he wasn't concerned about scoring. Now, I don't believe that is literally what he meant, but he did bring in guys who are athletes, but not scorers. So our experience with him so far is counter to your comment. I hope that changes.
And do I know his background? Yes, I know that he was less than successful in his only head coaching gig at Pacific, where he had one winning season in five years. If you are talking about his background as an NBA player, I don't believe he is eligible to suit up for us. But I still give him the benefit of the doubt, and he has some good players coming in next year. But this year has not given him a longer leash.