How to financially support GT NIL without losing a dime

What do you think about supporting GT NIL though Givebacks?

• Not going to download an app or provide my credit card info without knowing _____ (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
It's no secret that NIL opportunities now play a huge role in how recruits decide where to attend college. So regardless of who becomes the next permanent head football coach, GT athletes need more NIL opportunities or it won't matter how good of a recruiter is running the show. The Athletic Association can't pay players directly (except for a small amount that is allowed) which means it is incumbent on fans to fund NIL activities.

Jackets for Atlanthropy has received over $20K in funds (some of those donations have been courtesy of fellow Swarmers which is much appreciated) since it began this summer and has distributed nearly all of it to GT student-athletes all while these fantastic athletes have promoted and served Atlanta charities. J4A has a surplus of interested student-athletes and Atlanta charities eager to partner, but funding remains the rate-limiting step at this time. The GT Athletic Association is moving closer to announcing a focused effort and consolidation of NIL initiatives that will allow J4A to efficiently scale-up its processes to reach many more athletes and charities as funding allows. So, be on the lookout for that in the coming weeks, but in the meantime here's how you can help ensure the next football coach has the tools he needs to compete in the current college recruiting landscape:

J4A has just teamed up with the charity fundraising engine, Givebacks, which is akin to Amazon Smile. Givebacks allows consumers to donate a portion of their purchases, typically around 1 - 5%, to J4A when they shop online or at one of many participating stores and restaurants at no added cost to the consumer. All the donor has to do is download the desktop browser extension, mobile app, and/or register their credit card then watch their usual purchases accomplish some awesome work for Tech student-athletes and Atlanta charities. As the Givebacks associates like to say, 'It’s the easiest way to do good without spending extra!' If you're interested, please sign up at http://jacketsforatlanthropy.com/givebacks

It took me less than 5 minutes to register. Now I’m helping fund Georgia Tech athletes through NIL and supporting Atlanta charities with every credit card purchase and most online purchases I make, and it doesn’t cost me anything. I’d encourage any fan to consider doing the same.

To get an idea of how many are interested in this opportunity and troubleshoot issues that may arise, I've included a poll. Thanks for your support, and go Jackets!

Last edited: