How Many ACC Games Will We Win?

How Many ACC Games Will GT Win Before Tournament?

• 11-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-10

Votes: 6 10.2%

Votes: 15 25.4%

Votes: 13 22.0%

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • 0-4

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on previous years and some inconsistent performances this season, I went with 7. Definitely Gregory's most talented team but who really knows what that means. We'll find out more about this team with the next few games.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
6 at the least, 9 at the most. Since 7 1/2 will not quantify, optimistically lets go with 8.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
4-5, this is the year we have enough pieces to win more, but we can't close ACC games out.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This is his best team so far with some size, good rebounding, some depth, and improved outside shooting. However the coaching is still the same and is not any better than before. PG lack of penetration and outside shooting is a very big weakness. I live within 10 miles of UNC and Duke so around a lot of BB fans and can see what real coaching looks like. His recruiting is way too poor to compete with the better teams in the ACC.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
So what's your number?

This is his best team so far with some size, good rebounding, some depth, and improved outside shooting.

Yes it is. In fact better than the average ACC team.

However the coaching is still the same and is not any better than before.

The team is playing at a completely different tempo and running the floor. That is attributed to different and better coaching.

PG lack of penetration and outside shooting is a very big weakness. I live within 10 miles of UNC and Duke so around a lot of BB fans and can see what real coaching looks like.

Using two hall of famers as a frame of reference is unfair for any coach.

His recruiting is way too poor to compete with the better teams in the ACC.

Yes, this needs to improve to build a sustainable program.

/

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
My prediction is 6 ACC wins. My original post was directed to the fact that this is as good as we should expect for basketball talent under this staff so this years win total is probably our upper bound on wins under this staff. Now if he were to get better assistants that might improve things slightly. We are recruiting non ranked players according to scout and the top ACC schools are signing top 50 players. Tough to win without the horsepower.