Horford to Take His Game to Baustin

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Link
Big Al (and his boys) are heading to Boston.

"Horford agreed to a maximum deal of four years, $113 million with the Celtics on Saturday. The Hawks failed to offer the four-time All-Star center a maximum deal of five years, $153 million."

Have to wonder who the Hawks will overspend for now.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Gotta say these salaries r mind blowing. Think he was slightly stupid for turning down a deal from the Hawks for $20 mil more than what the Celtics r paying him. Just because some team was willing and stupid to pay Conley way more than he's worth....doesn't mean that Hawks should pay him 153 mil. Yeah just not a fan of the nba & these crazy *** salaries r major part why.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Gotta say these salaries r mind blowing. Think he was slightly stupid for turning down a deal from the Hawks for $20 mil more than what the Celtics r paying him. Just because some team was willing and stupid to pay Conley way more than he's worth....doesn't mean that Hawks should pay him 153 mil. Yeah just not a fan of the nba & these crazy *** salaries r major part why.

Why care about the salaries? If they're paying the players (employees) that much, imagine how much the owners are actually making. It's not even a big enough deal to rate.

Horford supposedly left because he and Howard aren't buddies and he was miffed that the Hawks refused to ruin their cap by overspending to re-sign him. Plus his new agent supposedly sold him on signing another max deal when the current deal with BOS is up. Good luck with that and good riddance. I grew tired of watching Tristan Thompson stamp his name on wHorford's birth certificate under the field "Father".

@A Love Supreme I'd contend that they're taking a chance which is more than acceptable for me. Status quo wasn't winning anything.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I love what the Hawks did this offseason. They made changes and didn't stick with status quo. They finally grabbed a big man and now have 4 7 footers. Drafted 2 athletic long and explosive wings, and sent packing Teague.

We probably will have the #1 defensive team in the NBA. This will be a hardnose and scrappy team. Looking forward to lots of lobs and threeeeeeeeeeeessssss.

@kg01 I concur about Horford.