Here's the College Sports Madness preview of the 2018 GT Baseball team

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll take the NCAAs. Given our history over the last 10 years, 28 is consistent with past performance. We've had enough disappointment this year.
Ah Yes! "The Great Equalizer" ...the invisible, yet REAL, force that will bring into balance all that is uneven wrt to Ga Tech athletics. If we have drawn the "relevant box" around the correct sports and included the correct time frame... then it is simply a matter of math that clearly will show (in advance) the Ga Tech baseball team will have a good or great season. In this case, the "relevant box" must be drawn around football and basketball... and obviously, the disappointment of this year will turn to delight as spring time arrives and summer approaches. ...assuming The GE's plan is aligned that way. ??

...on the other hand, I always think about 1990... and I wonder if The Great Equalizer is constantly and perpetually correcting for that magical time. Oh well... I guess we'll find out soon enough.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Equalizer ..... UGAg won't make NCAAs in basketball. D1 Baseball projects UGAg to miss baseball NCAAs ending up 5th of 8 in SEC East. Hope it's 8 of 8.

But no, I was only thinking that baseball is our last chance this year to go to the post season .... so I'm wildly optimistic because the optimism has to go somewhere.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Would be nice to make it to Omaha! Heck, I'd take making it to the Super Regionals :)

Where is Omaha? (tic)

I have no illusions about GT going to Omaha this year. But if we were to go, I will get a plane ticket and go there!

Update: Not that this is related to the original post. But a college pitcher @ 99 mph? For USF. I'm trying to comprehend the insanity of it.

Last edited:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Where is Omaha? (tic)

I have no illusions about GT going to Omaha this year. But if we were to go, I will get a plane ticket and go there!

Update: Not that this is related to the original post. But a college pitcher @ 99 mph? For USF. I'm trying to comprehend the insanity of it.

I've already decided that the next time we go to Omaha, I'm getting a ticket. I went to one game (FSU vs. eventual champion Arizona) in the 2012 CWS and that place is incredible.