Here's a look at the concussion practice helmets

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
As a matter of fact GT engineers did develop this. Called Guardian Cap and has been used by over 50,000 athletes over past 6 years. Nearly 50 college programs use it including GT, UGA, Clemson, Wake Forest, Oregon State, Oklahoma, UMass, GA State, etc... Buford, Colquitt, Corona Centenial, Berman Catholic and over 500 high schools use it. It's all about Physics (Newton's 2nd Law) and Material Science. Check out www.GuardianInnovations.com
To learn about Guardian Caps, The Pearl Lacrosse Ball and Cooler & Safer Engineered TPE Infill for Synthetic Turf.
Anyone who makes a product to help my son is my friend. I also like the knee brace guy!

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
Guys have been concussed never getting hit in the head. They got stoned in the chest and their head snapped fwd quickly. No helmet in the world prevents that.
We need a HANS for that, of course developed by a Georgia Tech engineer...

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
An MIT grad has produced a small wearable sensor for athletes that detects potential head injuries and gathers data on hard hits. It is a small, clip-on accelerometer that can be mounted on an athlete’s helmet or other headgear to measure any impact the athlete sustains. During a heavy blow, the sensor vibrates and sends alerts to a mobile app, which is monitored by coaches or parents on the sideline. A key innovation of the Jolt Sensor, is a custom communications protocol that allows an unlimited number of sensors to transfer data to the app from up to 200 yards away.

http://www.medicaldesignandoutsourc...0&spJobID=981586534&spReportId=OTgxNTg2NTM0S0