Heard Phil Steele on the radio

Spewing positives about the mutts. One thing I hadn't realized tho. Georgia has lost seven games as favorites over the past two seasons---one of the highest in the nation.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He rides their jock every year. People treat his rag as some bible to college football predictions but he's rarely right on champions. As are a lot of people.

Every year on dawg boards there is a thread about the time his fish wrapper comes out confirming their preseason championships that never happen.

The arse sniffers are always a preseason favorite just like the golden domers and they more times than not yuck up the season with one disappointing loss after another. Paid subscribers is the answer to good media coverage. I like where Tech stands, let the play on the field speak for itself.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Phil Steele also said uga would compete for the championship last year and had UNC ranked 18th last preseason. He at least has a methodology instead of pulling it out of his backside, but the guy is just guessing like everyone else.
He picks 2 favorites, a runner up, then two "dark horse" teams. I would get a good bit right if I could pick 5 teams in a conference that may do well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
he is a relic...his time is over. Reminds me of beno cook with relevance...

What works in this clown's favor is his drug of choice is the SEC as opposed to NDame, USC and others who became irrelevant amidst Beno's incessant praise in spite of their on-field failures.

As long as the ESPiN keeps trying to convince all who'll listen that the SEC is supreme, "experts" like Steele will still have a place.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
What works in this clown's favor is his drug of choice is the SEC as opposed to NDame, USC and others who became irrelevant amidst Beno's incessant praise in spite of their on-field failures.

As long as the ESPiN keeps trying to convince all who'll listen that the SEC is supreme, "experts" like Steele will still have a place.

yeah, but lets be totally fair here. Steele is and was a big ten guy for ever...he just now knows who gives him an occasional paycheck and exposure too (ESPN)

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I really appreciate the wealth of info he puts out.On the other hand,some of it is incorrect.Guys in wrong position,etc.
He may be guessing but he does normally get predictions right a lot on top 25..

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Steele along with others, have SEC shaded vision. Last year every expert wrote off OhioSt and the Big after losing to VT. My how times have changed!