#GTvsWF MEDIA

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I might be crazy for saying this but this feels like a must win game Saturday.
I agree, for a lot of reasons, players, coaches, fan base, recruiting, bowl eligibility, etc., etc. ... I for one hate that its a 6:30 game, I'll be antsy all day waiting for game time, I'd rather a nooner, win it and then relax and watch my other favorite team, whoever is playing UGAG :cool:

CEB

Helluva Engineer

I really think the past couple of year’s teams have needed this. Hope Key gets their minds right.

Agreed!!!
Hopefully the message was received. I’m sure they were focused going into last week and some drop off is natural but good for coaches for calling it out. Hopefully we’ve seized on it and have been able to focus yesterday and today.
We need to be ready to play well this weekend

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
For the first time in a while, I don’t think beating Clemson or UGA will take anything approaching a miracle. We need to play better, but barring major attrition, I expect to play close with both and have a shot.
We certainly still need a win Saturday.
UNC beat up the gamecocks, who almost beat UGA. There are definitely holes in their play. If our defense steps up, they’ll have a lot to worry about.
Our passing game looks like it’s going to give everyone trouble this year. Such wild words to utter as a Tech fan.
Really curious how our 2025 recruiting class could go if our offense continues to impress.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed!!!
Hopefully the message was received. I’m sure they were focused going into last week and some drop off is natural but good for coaches for calling it out. Hopefully we’ve seized on it and have been able to focus yesterday and today.
We need to be ready to play well this weekend
I also love the passion with which Key spoke those words (from my reading of them), at least to Chad Bishop (and I assume to the team).

It's not about appealing to their minds. Telling them "You've got to step up to each game" is great and all, but if you just tell them that, it's not going to sink in. It's about making sure they FEEL it. That they know that their coach is fired up about seeing a lack of effort. That he expects them to give 110% each time, and that means every practice, every drill, every rep. Coach Key goes at 110%, all the time, even when speaking to a reporter - and expects nothing less from them.

Man, what a contrast from the past few years. I love it.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
UNC beat up the gamecocks, who almost beat UGA. There are definitely holes in their play. If our defense steps up, they’ll have a lot to worry about.
Our passing game looks like it’s going to give everyone trouble this year. Such wild words to utter as a Tech fan.
Really curious how our 2025 recruiting class could go if our offense continues to impress.
USCe got smoked in the 2nd half

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Hearing Keys words this week about having to earn positions and wins, no rainbows
Makes me wonder how he put up with coach Collins
I'm guessing he was not that surprised about Collins, he knew who he was I feel sure. We had to have a Collins for the massive transition we had to go through IMO, always thought that before we ever hired the next coach after CPJ.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm guessing he was not that surprised about Collins, he knew who he was I feel sure. We had to have a Collins for the massive transition we had to go through IMO, always thought that before we ever hired the next coach after CPJ.
So basically Collins was our equivalent to Southern’s Brian Van Gorder? I could see that.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I dunno where else to put this, so I’ll just ask here…where’s Andre White? Forgive me if I’ve missed it, but I haven’t seen him at LB yet. Is he injured or just not in the 2 deep? I thought he was gonna be one of the dudes before the season.
I have wondered the same thing. My assumption is that he just hasn’t cracked the two deep. Which is a bit of a surprise, because I thought he was a shoo-in starter. Anyone else heard anything?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Hearing Keys words this week about having to earn positions and wins, no rainbows
Makes me wonder how he put up with coach Collins

I think Key felt like if he weathered the storm he’d eventually have a decent shot at the big seat and here we are.