GT vs KSU

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Can someone who was at the game give me a “visual explanation” of what went on on the KSU HR where the batter failed to touch the plate? At what point did he realize it and go back and touch? Did Rubenstein try and tag him w a dead ball & tip him off? Very strange. I saw on replay he clearly missed the plate. Seems like no question about that.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Can someone who was at the game give me a “visual explanation” of what went on on the KSU HR where the batter failed to touch the plate? At what point did he realize it and go back and touch? Did Rubenstein try and tag him w a dead ball & tip him off? Very strange. I saw on replay he clearly missed the plate. Seems like no question about that.
I didn't see it; but CDH explains what he thought & what the umpires told him at the beginning of this post game interview.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
y’all gonna be ok?

Don't know. Did self imposed 36 hour ban on posting so I could assess.

The defense worries me as much if not more than pitching. Maybe it'll get better when we get Chandler back, but the defense was fundamentally disgusting Wednesday night. 40% of the way through the season there is no excuse.

As to pitching, we are seeing who we can and can't rely on. My perspective is this was the 5th game of the week and while disappointing, we need a solid and full weekend set of starting, relieving and closing pitchers to be able to compete in post season.

I'll be ok if we play better this weekend. Otherwise, rather than posting ****, I'll self impose another ban. There is too much hate & discontent in the world right now.