GT vs FSU article

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
CurtOFD78 said:
This game scares me as much as any. They had a very good chance to beat us last year and could easily do it this year. I hope Jimbo an CK are doing some GT prep right now.

officially.back said:
REALLY nervous about this one. Justin Thomas will be in the discussion for ACC Player of the Year IMO

This one makes me more nervous than Clemson

pb4957 said:
They win imo.

Unless our D turns a huge corner I can’t imagine an offense on par with last season keeping up.

My favorite:

PSLNOLE said:
Of all the freakin years that GT has to be on our schedule.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
rRsuN.gif

GT is in progress

This is hilarious!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Funny how even though Tech is called for fewer chop blocks than most teams in the ACC the myth persists, along with the idea that Tech cut blocks on every play. We haven't even played them yet and the whining over an FSU loss has already started.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm surprised by how negative their fan's comments are about their chances to win.

/
Why shouldn't they be, really? Frankly it is rewarding to finally read opposing fans -- ND, FSU, Clemson -- doubting their team against our firepower. Clemson generally has been respectful of the offense, but others including UNC -- whose fans would understand the game better if the QB dribbled into the end zone -- have for their own reasons tried to discount it. Seems to me this is another step in this odd, and very rapid, flipping the field so to speak with the attitude surrounding the football program. Remarkable and gratifying. Now, if the fan base does not freak out when we lose a game.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Why shouldn't they be, really? Frankly it is rewarding to finally read opposing fans -- ND, FSU, Clemson -- doubting their team against our firepower. Clemson generally has been respectful of the offense, but others including UNC -- whose fans would understand the game better if the QB dribbled into the end zone -- have for their own reasons tried to discount it. Seems to me this is another step in this odd, and very rapid, flipping the field so to speak with the attitude surrounding the football program. Remarkable and gratifying. Now, if the fan base does not freak out when we lose a game.
Amazing what kicking a little SEC tail can do for your street cred.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
The fear factor amongst the fan base is probably miniscule compared to their coaching staff and players. Considering that FSU played their BEST game all season against GT and won by two (2) points, they realize the trouble that awaits them this season at BDS.

Also, speaking of fan bases, Clemson just had their kicker suspended for narcotics possession and a starting OT just declared for the NFL supplemental draft. So on top of having replace just about everyone on defense and their O-Line as well, now an experienced returning player just said: "I'm out of here."

This is the same type of early player departures that hit GT hard right after the 2009 season. Let's see how Dabo and Jimbo's squads perform after their unexpected departures.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
... This is the same type of early player departures that hit GT hard right after the 2009 season. Let's see how Dabo and Jimbo's squads perform after their unexpected departures.
Maybe this is the unintended consequences of not getting all those 4-5 stars in the system? They don't leave early.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
@Skeptic:

You're correct. Unlike the majority of the 4 and 5 stars ego driven recruits, a player like Justin Thomas is the antithesis of those kids as he (Justin Thomas) wanted to play QB and told Nick Saban he had no interest in becoming a CB in college.

That bold statement alone, coupled with the fact his teammates elected him a Captain as a mere sophomore speaks volumes about his character and team first mentality. He will be here Five years and playing at BDS for all four.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
my HS friend wrote this piece. He grew up in Georgia though I can't remember if he was a tech or UGA kid growing up. Pretty sure it was UGA