Film Room GT v Alcorn Amateur Inside Look

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for the video analysis. It's nice to see how much the pass blocking has improved in the past 3-4 years

slugboy

Staff member
Shouldn't see that much penetration in pass pro against an FCS team. Last play was good blocking, though.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Good job! There is always a mismatch on the short side of the field or when the opposition gets out of position. Love to watch it in slow motion!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think our pass pro looks a little funky at times to give JT a run/throw lane. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the offense could comment if that is the case or not.

Many thanks for the play breakdowns

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Thanks Ld, great job as always, can't wait for the next one! Just a little request, can you detail a play where Shamire shmears his guy? The JT run where he does the spin move was a good example in the last game. Shamire was pulling to the left and just creamed a dude clearing the path for JT.

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
Longestday-
Thanks so much for your analysis! What is your opinion of the team vs. last year? I know it was against an FCS team, but it just seems like everyone performs their assignments better than this time last year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Longestday-
Thanks so much for your analysis! What is your opinion of the team vs. last year? I know it was against an FCS team, but it just seems like everyone performs their assignments better than this time last year.
I'm not Ld, but I think we're way ahead of where we were this time last year. JT is way ahead and that says it all.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that GT looks well ahead of last year. I just hope that the offense continues to work on blocking, especially against block-shedding techniques for when we face some real defensive talent. :whistle:

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
JT is way ahead this time last year.

The A back blocking is good, but does not feel as clean or powerful as last year yet. We will know more about this when we face faster bigger teams.

The OL looks real good.

WR looks good too. June and Summers are blocking well. Brad is still learning, but he has the size. I think we have some good "hands" on the field to make receptions in both A Back and WR.

BB looks to be on par with last year and if not then close.