GT Swarm Mock Board 12/4

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Jamiyus Pittman - DT
Ole Miss Commit

Things have home to a quick halt with Pittman and GT...Georgia Tech feels good about where they are at with DT's and that they only will take one if they feel he better than they ones we currently have on the roster. Ole Miss has asked Pittman to greyshirt and they would actually prefer if he signed with another school this year...Pittman visited UCF recently and they are recruiting him the hardest. I think with the way things stand now that is where he will likely end up at.

Eric's prediction - UCF
Confidence level - 20%

Lamont Simmons - DB
Rutgers commit

Lamont decommited from Rutgers not too long ago as he felt he rushed into a decision...He has now named a top 5 of Auburn, Arkansas, GT, Southern Cal and Rutgers. He also claims that he got offers from Penn State and USC. He is working on scheduling a official visit to Georgia Tech after the season is over with. I think if Georgia Tech gave him the green light on a commitment he would jump all over it. However it seems like the staff is looking at other options more seriously at this time.

Eric's Prediciton - Rutgers
Confidence level - 30%

Tyree Owens - DE
West Virginia commit

As of the last update I knew that Georgia Tech wanted to land another defensive end in this class and I thought Owens would be the guy they turned to. Instead it turned out to be Antonio Simmons who was a guy that I had not even heard of until that point...I think Georgia Tech would take another pass rushing DE in this class but I dont think it will be Owens.

Eric's Prediction - WVU
Confidence level - 10%

David Sharpe - OL
Uncommitted

Sharpe talked about taking a official visit to Georgia Tech...that is not going to happen now. Look for him to end up at Florida or Tennessee.

Eric's Prediction - Florida
Confidence Level - 0%

Jimmy Bayes - ATH
South Florida Commit

This one is a interesting name to me...After we took Simmons I figured we would be done with Bayes. However I learned this week that Bayes plans to take a official visit to Tech this weekend. Bayes is currently a South Florida commit and has been for a long time now. How things go this weekend will determine what kind of shot Tech has.

Eric's Prediction - USF
Confidence Level - 40%

Mike Rogers - ATH
Central Florida Commit

Rogers said he was going to take a visit to Georgia Tech for the Pitt game...he did not make that visit as he said something came up. Then he was on the visitor list for the Georgia game but as far as I know he did not make the visit...I have not 100% confirmed that yet but I did not see him there and it has not been mentioned to me that he made it. Usually that is not a good sign. I still think Rogers will take a official visit to GT at some point but I just cant project him to Georgia Tech until he at least visits campus.

Eric's prediction - UCF
Confidence Level - 35%

Shai McKenzie - RB
Uncommitted

Shai McKenzie is doing just what he said he would...take the process slow and enjoy all of his official visits. McKenzie has completed his OV's to FSU and VT and had a great time on both of them...after his VT visit quite a few people projected them to be his school of choice. He will be taking his visit to Pitt this weekend and even though Pitt has take quite a few RB commits in this class he is still a take for them and they are a school he is seriously looking at...I actually think they could be a big threat. He will be at GT the weekend of the 13th for his official visit and will make a commitment Dec 20th.

Eric's Prediction - Pitt
Confidence level - 40%

Myles Autry - RB
Uncommitted

His recruitment gets stanger the longer it goes on...He list his top two as Ohio State and Oregon even though neither school really has that much if any interest in him. Georgia Tech is not showing him much attention either. I really have no idea how this one is going to finish outbut somehow I think he winds up at Tech.

Eric's Prediction - Georgia Tech
Confidence level - 20%

Allen Artis - DB
UNC Commit

Coaches have not been able to make headway with Artis. He is staying UNC all the way it appears.

Eric's Prediction - UNC
Confidence Level - 1%

Melvin Keihn - LB
Uncommitted

He mentioned visiting Georgia Tech a few times but he has never set up anything and it is unlikely at this point that he will make a visit to the Flats. Out of all his visits he raved the most about Virginia Tech and they appear to be out front by a bit.

Eric's Prediction - VT
Confidence level - 5%

Kentavious Street - DE
Uncommitted

Another name that Georgia Tech worked for awhile but was unable to make anything happen. I think he stays with longtime favorite Nc State. He will take his OV to Nc State this weekend.

Eric's prediction - Nc State
Confidence level - 5%

Donte Thomas-Williams - RB
Uncommitted

I really think Donte Thomas-Williams would be a great fit for us and we would get the most of his talent and skill set but he is not showing a lot of love back for the Jackets...He has already taken a official visit to FSU and loved it...He still has to take a visit to WVU and they have long been considered the favorite. A new name in the picture is Nc State. He will be taking a official visit to them this weekend..I think you could see Thomas-Williams make a visit to GT in January but it is far from a sure thing.

Eric's prediction - WVU
Confidence level - 10%

Montae Nicholson - DB
Uncommitted

Once again another big name kid that mentions Tech a lot and talks about visiting but never does it. He has already used all 5 of his official visits and Georgia Tech is no longer in the picture for him.

Eric's prediction - Pitt
Confidence level - 0%

Ja'Merez Bowen - OL
Uncommitted

As the same as last time he is a backup option...the coaches actually really like the film on him but there is some concern with his grades. Some school is going to pick up a good sleeper here.

Eric's prediction - Cincy
Confidence level - 5%

Adonis Jennings - WR
Uncommitted

Here is a new name on the board...Adonis was committed to Rutgers but decided he wanted to look around somemore he took a official visit to Iowa and this did not make the RU staff happy and the two split. Jennings also has a official visit set up to Pitt in January. He named a top 6 of Rutgers, Iowa, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and Pitt. Georgia Tech will be working to get him in on a official visit.

Trevon Mathis - ATH

Mathis is a under the radar prospect that the staff really likes...He visited campus a few weeks ago and they staff wants him to take a official visit in January. He has not been offered yet but it really would not be a surprised to see him get a offer before it is over with...they are waiting back on some test scores right now. He would likely start out at defensive back but could also be A-back.

Eric's Prediction - Georgia Tech
Confidence level - 75%

Harry Randall - ATH

Randall is a teammate of Mathis and is also receiving some attention from the staff...He is also waiting for some test scores back and is talking about visiting GT in January. I do not think that Georgia Tech will offer unless they miss on quite a few guys or they lose a commit or two. However the kid is a lot better than I expected him to be..very tough. WVU is close to offering.

Eric's Prediction - WVU
Confidence level - 25%

Malkolm Parrish - ATH
UGA Commit

Familiar name for everyone I am sure...his decision came down to GT and UGA and he went with the in-state rival. The Tech staff has not gave up and is staying after him...He has already got a visit from Coach McCollum and the staff is trying to get him to take a official visit...So far he has nothing set up besides UGA.

Eric's Prediction -UGA
Confidence level - 10%

To finish off I would like to add that there are quite a few guys that I have not lisited that the staff is still after...this is due to them being committed to another school or the staff not wanting the name out there yet. I still expect Georgia Tech to flip a commit sometime in January.

If there is anyone I left off that you want to know about feel free to ask...these are just my opinions and what I think. Keep in mind recruiting changes daily and with it being only a couple of months to NSD everything is starting to get really fluid...Just because I have someone projected somewhere today does not mean it can't change tomorrow. Also how official visit go play a huge part in things.

gtdrew

Banned
Thank Eric. Not as positive as I had hoped.
I think it depends on how you look at it. I like the guys we have committed. You'd always like to see the "stars" be higher than they are, but I've seen film on all our commits, and seen some of them play in person, and this is the first class since 2007 where I look and think that every commit could either end up a starter or key contributor. Not a lot of filler in this class...

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it depends on how you look at it. I like the guys we have committed. You'd always like to see the "stars" be higher than they are, but I've seen film on all our commits, and seen some of them play in person, and this is the first class since 2007 where I look and think that every commit could either end up a starter or key contributor. Not a lot of filler in this class...

Not complaining about the commits, I was just hoping for better chances on some of the final spots. We currently have zero RB commits and I think we need a B and an A in this class.

gtdrew

Banned
Fair enough. One of the beautiful things about the offense is the ability to move guys around. I bet one of the Searcy's ends up on offense. And don't forget, Custis is still supposed to be here in the spring...