GT Sports Identity

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I was watching the "best" of Packer & Durham on the ACCN last week and the topic was "What is your schools sports Identity", meaning when the population in general thinks of your school, what sport do they associate it with.

Georgia Tech = golf according to Durham & Packer. I guess as the moment I can't disagree .... but man, does that stink. I mean, kudos to the golf team and all their accomplishments. I don't discount or minimize their successes.

Which of the "big three" is closest to assuming that position? It would be Baseball followed by a big Gap and then football followed by light years and then basketball.

SJ

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I think the football team is closer than people might think to being our top sport again. Let's face it, we are average at most sports with a few good years sprinkled in and one GREAT season every decade or so. Thats how it trends so I cant be to tough on it. I do think with baseball that once CDH gives up the reigns that James Ramsey is going to make this program elite for many years to come, unless someone scoops him up before that time comes.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was watching the "best" of Packer & Durham on the ACCN last week and the topic was "What is your schools sports Identity", meaning when the population in general thinks of your school, what sport do they associate it with.

Georgia Tech = golf according to Durham & Packer. I guess as the moment I can't disagree .... but man, does that stink. I mean, kudos to the golf team and all their accomplishments. I don't discount or minimize their successes.

Which of the "big three" is closest to assuming that position? It would be Baseball followed by a big Gap and then football followed by light years and then basketball.

SJ
I find it hard to believe anyone would name golf in response to: "what sport do you think of when you think of Georgia Tech". I'd find it hard for 99% of schools to not be football, bastketball, or baseball. Besides the Ivys, which would probably be crew.