GT AA Board

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've never hoped to be so wrong on the potential of a hire in all my life. I'm so sick of GT being the worst program in the ACC and one of the worst in high major basketball

Sums up how i feel exactly. I have no choice but to support him now.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
1) Capel had the similar problems at OU. In both cases the hope was they would learn from the experience.
Send JP to work as an assistant for a Hall of Fame coach for 5 years and I think people would be more accepting. This is one of the key differences between the two guys.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Send JP to work as an assistant for a Hall of Fame coach for 5 years and I think people would be more accepting. This is one of the key differences between the two guys.

IMO that, Capel's time at Duke, is the only key difference between the two. And that difference is why Capel was the better choice, imo, but it's not a difference that would make me be happy with one hire, Capel, and stark raving mad at the the other. I see Pastner as basically Capel without the 5 years to reflect on what went wrong at OU.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
IMO that, Capel's time at Duke, is the only key difference between the two. And that difference is why Capel was the better choice, imo, but it's not a difference that would make me be happy with one hire, Capel, and stark raving mad at the the other. I see Pastner as basically Capel without the 5 years to reflect on what went wrong at OU.

"...Capel was the better choice..."

Coach K would have been the better choice. Jay Wright? But, like asking a girl to marry you, you gotta find someone who will say yes.
Tech's problem is nobody wanted to marry them.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Which is why none of the coaches you would like to hire will take the job.
GT has to hire a coach willing to sign a contract. Slim Pickins.
I would love Slim as head basketball coach. I am already saying to myself "what in the wide wide world of sports is going on here?!"

Dr-Strangelove.jpg

(Quote from Blazing Saddles but this picture seems more appropriate).

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Student Athletic Fees provide as much (if not more) funding to the AA as alumni. It would be ridiculous for the student government to not have a voice on the AA board, especially since they have no choice in paying the fee.

THREE voices, not a voice. And other schools have Student Athletic Fees without that many VOTING students.