GT #16 in AP Poll

slugboy

Staff member
I like this. Amazingly, I'd still like to see the polls wait until week 5 to release anything. I guess I really believe that's a good idea.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Once again the entire SEC is overrated. I'm a proponent of waiting on the polls as well... it just presents too many biases before a game has been played. Oregon probably takes a step back as well though. GT has a big opportunity to take huge leaps if the rest of the ACC and Ugag do their part.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Once again the entire SEC is overrated. I'm a proponent of waiting on the polls as well... it just presents too many biases before a game has been played. Oregon probably takes a step back as well though. GT has a big opportunity to take huge leaps if the rest of the ACC and Ugag do their part.
I kind of like seeing these polls grossly overrate the SEC. It is reassuring. I mean, I start out with the assumption that sports media is filled with idiots and this always confirms my bias each year. ;)

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Follow the leader. Every poll and pollster follows each other. I would look at returning starters, returning QB's, and finally schedule. There is no way all 8 SEC teams finish that high if they all play each other. There are only so many Kentuckys and Vandys to beat up on.