Green Bay

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Tadric does a few things pretty well - shooting from the outside is not one of them. He's good in the open court and when he's able to get to the basket. Had a few more nice dishes inside yesterday - he's an adept passer. As a young(er) guy, I think he's still trying to find his role. Hopefully he'll get there.

I hope Tadric gets there also. It looks like he has a good stroke from outside however they haven't fallen in for him. Given his reputation as a 'good shooter', I am surprised at his poor free throw shooting. At a minimum, I would expected him to shoot 70% or higher from there. That said, it looks like more concentration is needed from all of them from the free throw line.

A positive on Tadric, he had several nice assists and drives to the basket.

slugboy

Staff member
White and Jacobs are definitely a better set of post players than Sampson and Cox were and Chuck improving his post play and conditioning leaves feeling that they have the potential to compete at high level in conf play. Adam Smith is the wild card. He gets hot for the season he could be a Randolph Childress type player. Hitting shots from every where. [highlight=yellow]This team has chance to save coach's behind[/highlight]. It is a good make up of young and exp players. The UT game is a game we normally lose. I feel the team has leaders which has been lacking from day one. Could be a fun year.
That is absolutely terrifying.
I think it'll take more than one good season to dig out of the hole he's in. This team has a chance to give him breathing room though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope we have a good enough season to save Gregory. Because that will mean we have had a good season. (I like Gregory and know next to nothing about basketball.) I think it will take the NCAAs to save him .... and it looks like a 50/50 shot right now. https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/bracketology

I don't like playing these super weak teams; but that is because I'm still in shock over our domination of Alcorn St and Tulane and total crap after that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I hope we have a good enough season to save Gregory. Because that will mean we have had a good season. (I like Gregory and know next to nothing about basketball.) I think it will take the NCAAs to save him .... and it looks like a 50/50 shot right now. https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/bracketology

I don't like playing these super weak teams; but that is because I'm still in shock over our domination of Alcorn St and Tulane and total crap after that.

Am I the only one that thinks CBG is safe for at least next year barring a total collapse this year? Being a bubble team and just missing I think would keep him safe, wouldn't it? I do think you have to give the coaches some credit for changing they offensive style, yes?

Am I the only one that thinks CBG is safe for at least next year barring a total collapse this year? Being a bubble team and just missing I think would keep him safe, wouldn't it? I do think you have to give the coaches some credit for changing they offensive style, yes?
I think better shooting will cure a lot of the problems the system has had the last few years. In the past we've had open shots, but couldn't make them. Basketball is a lot more about Jimmy's and Joes than the coaching. Coaching is important, but if no one can knock down a jump shot it doesn't matter what system you run. Time will tell soon enough what kind of team we have. I'm hoping for a big season. I'd like for this team to bust 18 wins. We need for CBG to bring in Jack, Kenny, and one of the Barry boys to meet some elite PG's we're recruiting. I'm rooting for ya CBG bring home some wins this year.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I doubt he was going anywhere anyways. The announcement of the surplus kind of gave a few people tingly under carriages but I doubt a move will be made until 2017.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Won the Horizon League

Wisconsin -- Green Bay improved throughout this season under first-year head coach Linc Darner, and Darner is one to keep an eye on for future HC positions that open up. Darner was a four-year letterman for Gene Keady at Purdue, turned around a moribund Div. 2 program at Saint Joseph's (IN) over four years, and restored Div. 2 power Florida Southern College's program during his nine years as HC, concluding with a Div. 2 national title in 2015 before heading to Green Bay. [Disclaimer: I'm a grad of FSC, hence the familiarity with Darner's track record.]

This season at Green Bay, W-GB not only won its conference title, but that secured their first NCAA berth in 20 years. Darner did it by radically changing the team's offensive philosophy from the previous regime, and did it without a bunch of returning starters. Again, keep an eye out on Darner -- he played high-level Div. 1 ball, put in his time as HC at the Div. 2 level, very successfully, and his first season as HC for a Div. 1 mid-major has turned out well. [He's only 43, and already three of his former assistants are head coaches at Div. 2 programs.]