Golf

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I've only played three times for fun and almost all the people I played with each time didn't really play consistently (so essentially, they sucked).

I remember the first tip I got was to pick a club and learn how to hit the ball consistently. Not exactly sure how I did it but I did get pretty good at actually driving the ball in my very first time playing at an executive course.

You tried tweeting this ol' guy? :D

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Get a lesson or two before you develop bad habits. A good set of used clubs is a good idea if you don't already have a set. You'll ruin a good new set and the $100 sports authority specials won't serve you long term if you like the sport. Hit the driving range a lot and of course play a lot. Pick the crappiest cheap place u can find and play often. If you're easily frustrated the game may not be for you, the 3 friends I started playing with have all gotten rid of their clubs and hate it because they let little errant shots piss them off. I started 3 years ago, and love it. I shot a 92 this weekend, so it really doesn't take all that long to pick up and play okay.