Getting Closer . . .

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I want to see the A backs and WR blocking as well as they were toward the end of the season. Good runners get extra yards. Good blocks give them that opportunity. Football is all about blocking and tackling. If you don't do that well you will not have a superior team.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
The start of football is a little oasis in life that we are keeping an eye on closely at our house. MrsDrJacket's father died somewhat unexpectedly this weekend. And, in the same stretch of days our 20 year old cat died. Life has hit us hard, but friends and family have stepped up beautifully.

Just over the horizon will be the first radio show and then a Thursday night opener that will be a real bright spot. We can't wait to have something to laugh during, cheer for and celebrate. And, they say it's just a game...it'll be downright therapeutic at our house.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
The start of football is a little oasis in life that we are keeping an eye on closely at our house. MrsDrJacket's father died somewhat unexpectedly this weekend. And, in the same stretch of days our 20 year old cat died. Life has hit us hard, but friends and family have stepped up beautifully.

Just over the horizon will be the first radio show and then a Thursday night opener that will be a real bright spot. We can't wait to have something to laugh during, cheer for and celebrate. And, they say it's just a game...it'll be downright therapeutic at our house.
As a relatively new member, I'll offer my condolences for the whole board. Though I don't really know you from Adam, you and MrsDrJacket set and maintain a great tone around here and I wish you guys peace. Hopefully our common interest will let us meet in the future.

My best.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Y'all, I sure didn't mean to be a downer. Your condolences, though, are much appreciated. Even at our age, you're never too old to miss your Dad. She is an only-child, so they were very close. MrsCPJ called her last night and checked on her. Asked if there were anything she could do. That meant the world to us.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Please convey to @MrsDrJacket my condolences and know that both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20150824_111216.png

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Unexpected losses are so much harder. I am so sorry to hear of your families loss. May you all treasure and be thankful for all the wonderful times and memories you have shared. I pray for the Lord God to give you strength and comfort as He holds you in His nail scared hands.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
May sweet, gentle peace be with you.

I also take seriously the loss of a pet who has been a trusted friend and adviser. I think it was C. S. Lewis who suggested in so many words that they take a piece of us with them to heaven.