Georgia Tech VT Dockers Commercial

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
.....and at least we have national championships...multiple....there trophy cabinet for same is still empty...and looks to remain that way for a loooong time

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was pretty funny... I'm easily amused at work I guess. Actually having won the game makes everything better

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually the empty trophy is so embarrassing, they took it down. I wonder if they canned the marketing Einstein that came up with that gem?
When did they take it down? This is news to me. [popcorn emoticon here]

As an aside, our selection of emoticons conveying actual emotions vs random things is disheartening...:(

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the 7-6 record last year finally convinced them. They put a turkey statue in instead.

Check this out
3JV-send-your-loved-ones-who-are-also-parks-rec-fans-a-chris-traeger-valen.jpg

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck

Sorry bro. Someone mentioned that website to me a couple of weeks ago and this thread reminded me of the Empty Trophy Case website. Gotta admire that guy's determination in reminding the internet what a stupid stunt that trophy case was.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Are these ads actually broadcast on TV or are these just for youtube/social media?

Hopefully the latter.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Are these ads actually broadcast on TV or are these just for youtube/social media?

Hopefully the latter.
Thanks for bringing the thread back to the OP. That is a good question and I hope not TV. That add is poorly researched and the result is awful. I doubt their marketing people have even met anyone from either school.

GT is not the low tech one of the two and no GT grad would ever concede that point. #4 in US undergrad engr, #6 in US grad engr, #6 world engr university. You don't get those kinds of rankings while being low tech.

They also managed to create a cheer that I don't think any GT grad ever said before...