Georgia Tech Opens as 21.5 Point Favorite Against Georgia State

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
See Jackson Caudell's article below concerning Opening Line. I feel like this could be a real TRAP game for GT. Coach Key will need to really get the guys in the right frame of mind before next Saturday. Players are getting a lot of Love. they need to remember that no game will be easy.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
21 is a lot of points. Feels like it will be a 34-17 type game w GSU scoring a late touchdown against the second unit
I think it's going to be a tough year for GSU. They lost a really veteran QB/RB combination, and their QB was their second highest rusher. Plus, full coaching change. So, they've got a similar situation to FSU player-wise, with the added challenge of a new coaching staff / system / approach. I think this feels more like a 42-14 game, so I think I'm going with the Jackets on this one against the spread.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I think it's going to be a tough year for GSU. They lost a really veteran QB/RB combination, and their QB was their second highest rusher. Plus, full coaching change. So, they've got a similar situation to FSU player-wise, with the added challenge of a new coaching staff / system / approach. I think this feels more like a 42-14 game, so I think I'm going with the Jackets on this one against the spread.
Wonder if Zach Gibson is going to be their starting QB? He was a serviceable quarterback by the 2022 UGA game. Kenyatta Watson is also a decent defensive player. I know nothing else about their team but unless the stars align perfectly for them I'm not expecting them to be a tough out, at least if we abide by the "consistency" mantra I've been hearing.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Wonder if Zach Gibson is going to be their starting QB? He was a serviceable quarterback by the 2022 UGA game. Kenyatta Watson is also a decent defensive player. I know nothing else about their team but unless the stars align perfectly for them I'm not expecting them to be a tough out, at least if we abide by the "consistency" mantra I've been hearing.
I'm willing to bet on Coach Key's approach here. Santucci seems to be exactly like him, so I think they will see this as a test of literally putting the FSU game in the can and getting ready for GSU. The pride in being prepared is what should limit a fallback here. At least, that's what I'm hoping to see and willing to believe will happen.

This isn't to say that we will play consistently good all year, every game. That's a pipe dream, with college kids, injuries, etc. Almost every team, even the greats, had heart attack games that they just had to grit out when they weren't playing their best. But I don't think this is going to be our letdown game this year.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Looks like he's #1 on the depth chart, and he ain't bad.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Rat poison!

Dell McGee is a very good coach. GSU has some good players. They've been trending upward recently (was a big surprise the prior HC stepped down.) GSU will be ready to play and really want to pull the upset.

Tech needs to be ready to play a real game.
definitely should point to last year Bowling Green game and us beating FSU as a 14 point underdog at the highest spread. All kind of risk if our heads aren't in the game

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I'm willing to bet on Coach Key's approach here. Santucci seems to be exactly like him, so I think they will see this as a test of literally putting the FSU game in the can and getting ready for GSU. The pride in being prepared is what should limit a fallback here. At least, that's what I'm hoping to see and willing to believe will happen.

This isn't to say that we will play consistently good all year, every game. That's a pipe dream, with college kids, injuries, etc. Almost every team, even the greats, had heart attack games that they just had to grit out when they weren't playing their best. But I don't think this is going to be our letdown game this year.
in 1990, that was Virginia Tech. Another Sisson kick at the end.

MACHETE

Jolly Good Fellow
Their entire starting O and D is experienced upper classmen (mostly seniors and grad transfers). This is a very dangerous game. That said, Key will have our team ready.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I just hope Admiral Ahkbar doesn't pay us a visit

Its A Trap GIF

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This will be a huge test. Between the Virginia game at home right after the upset of Pitt in 2022 and the Bowling Green game last year, we have had our failures in trap games. Taking care of business Saturday would be further proof in this rebuild.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Kevin Sherrer is the DC/LB coach.
i think he was respected on our previous staff? .
Forgot about that one. Lotta relationships in this game. Gibson starting Q, Kenyatta Watson is listed as backup corner. Kevin Sherrer DC. If anyone will know what we’re gonna probably do, it’ll be him. In return, we prob know how he’ll defend. Gonna have to out class them.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Watching that video that breaks down our trap scheme, particularly the 36 yard run on the first play of the second half, shows me two things. Number one, are blocking schemes and playcalling are on point. That’s Buster. Number two, our execution is on point. that’s the line coach and the players players. If we can do this against FSU’s defensive line, there’s no reason we can’t keep doing it all year.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching that video that breaks down our trap scheme, particularly the 36 yard run on the first play of the second half, shows me two things. Number one, are blocking schemes and playcalling are on point. That’s Buster. Number two, our execution is on point. that’s the line coach and the players players. If we can do this against FSU’s defensive line, there’s no reason we can’t keep doing it all year.
What video are you referring to? I'm looking for any and all content on the game to get me to next Saturday