Gameday Traffic Alert

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I just wanted to alert everyone to the fact that for the past week or so, there has been a traffic warning sign on the way in to campus (at the 14th/17th St exit ramp from I-85 south) stating that both West Peachtree and Spring Streets would be closed on Saturday, October 5.

I’ve searched around on the Internet for more information about what times the closure will occur, and/or what sections of those streets would be closed, but I haven’t been able to find anything.

I wanted to pass on what I know, particularly for those people who park/tailgate on the east side of the highway, and for those who might use W.Peachtree or Spring as their post-game exit route.

I just wanted to alert everyone to the fact that for the past week or so, there has been a traffic warning sign on the way in to campus (at the 14th/17th St exit ramp from I-85 south) stating that both West Peachtree and Spring Streets would be closed on Saturday, October 5.

I’ve searched around on the Internet for more information about what times the closure will occur, and/or what sections of those streets would be closed, but I haven’t been able to find anything.

I wanted to pass on what I know, particularly for those people who park/tailgate on the east side of the highway, and for those who might use W.Peachtree or Spring as their post-game exit route.
I heard that earlier in the week. Fortunately, coming from the south, I can use P'Tree St just as well as I can use W P'Tree

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Apparently it is for a building implosion the morning of the 5th, between 5-8 AM. Assuming the implosion goes as planned, should be re-opened by gametime:
http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/MetroLaneClosures.pdf
(6th item down in the list shown)