FSU DTs look tough

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watched jimbo fisher show for last game and saw the obvious. Dalvin is very very good and way faster than our lb and way stronger than our cb. Also the qb from nd is steady eddie seeing the open receiver. The staggering thing I saw was the force the DTs bring on any pass rush. They LOOK LIKE A HENDERSON PLUS 35#. Pretty agile and fast. I vote we dont get in obvious passing situations.
Sham should do ok since they may line up right over him. The GCG is the first key to the game. I hope we considered run uhh ng the mesh where the bb hoes on slant towards tackle verses between c g

Also wr #8 has all world speed.

Jimbo seems pretty confident.

Nice story about walk on that has worked his way up from special teams, to nickel, to db.

They are not a deep team.

Should be fun game

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
If Cook is healthy and his hamstring doesn't give him trouble he will have his best game ever this weekend. I hate to see it come against us but he is possibly the best back in the country and will eat our guys up.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On a couple of breakaway runs he slowed down protecting the hamstring - per coach fisher he can feel it tightn and is told to slow down / go out of bounds. Our big issue will be when tight end goes across middle, 8 wr goes on deep slant, and then cook goes into the flat. That ex nd qb can make accurate and timely short and intermediate passes. If cook catches in stride and defenders show up one at a time and try to tackle, he will go for big gain. We must swarm to the ball and help the 1,5 spies.

This would be good time for the offense, the defense , the special teams, and the coaches to have a great game. Could happen! As jerry says
go Jackets

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
This F$U team is not as good as last years'. Cook was on last year's squad too, plus Jameis and the stud TE.

We are not as bad as our current record suggests. We are definitely not the machine we were at the time we played the noles last year, however.

Though it could very well end up a F$U blowout, I do not think it will. I think we started to turn a corner last week, but found a way to lose due to the psychological effect of a losing streak.

Not predicting a W, but I am confident this one won't get out of hand, and I think we'll have a chance to win in the 4th.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Winning in the 2nd half is not an option for us. FSU is a dominant second half team. I think we will be ahead at the half to be honest with you but the second half FSU will roll.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Thought watching the ACCCG last year that when Goldman went down for them (NFL draft pick), Nnadi came in and looked like the better player. You can see what 'reloading' looks like with Clemson and FSU.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
They're gonna use Jalen Ramsey the same way Duke used Jeremy Cash and Virginia Tech has used a bunch of defensive backs. We'll see whether we've improved versus that Saturday night.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think they'll stonewall our offense a la ND and CU. I think we've turned that corner where our inexperienced young backs can operate the base offense (the running game, at least. Pass pro is horrible). The key will be getting a few stops, obviously. Of that I have very little confidence, unless we take some chances.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Cook is good, but he isn't a patch on Leonard Fournette. That guy is going to run LSU to the NC championship game, imho.

I agree that FSU isn't as good as they were last year, but, unfortunately, neither are we. If we continue to improve, we'll have a chance. The big question = can we improve on special teams? Screw-ups on ST are what the Criminoles live on.

Oh, and as for reloading: if we didn't have so many backs hurt, you'd see us doing it too. Next year for now.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Cook is better than LF. If you watch the tape LF is untouched on most his runs. That is not him that is his line doing their job. Cook does not have that luxury. Cook makes the holes and won't go down with an arm tackle. We will have to make sure our guys know to grab him and hang on for help. And everyone needs to help when we get our hands on him.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
On D, F$U is +7 in turnover margin (4 ints + 4 fumble recov - 1 TO) and they have 32 tackles for loss. They sacked Louisville 6 times and BC & Miami twice.

On O, their QB has attempted 185 passes and has yet to throw an interception - that's shocking. My guess is that he'll have a lot of time to throw if we continue our off-the-shelf defense.

In my opinion, our best shot is to jump on them early and hold on for dear life. We will need at least a +2 TO margin to pull this out.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On D, F$U is +7 in turnover margin (4 ints + 4 fumble recov - 1 TO) and they have 32 tackles for loss. They sacked Louisville 6 times and BC & Miami twice.

On O, their QB has attempted 185 passes and has yet to throw an interception - that's shocking. My guess is that he'll have a lot of time to throw if we continue our off-the-shelf defense.

In my opinion, our best shot is to jump on them early and hold on for dear life. We will need at least a +2 TO margin to pull this out.

Agree TOs are the key. We lost Pitt and UNC with a -2 net TO (among other things). Being +2 against Clemson kept us from losing by more than 3 scores. http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/255/turnovermargin/gamelog.html

So I think we need to be +4 to beat FSU.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
FSU might be better this year. QB is playing within himself and not making mistakes. Cook was a beast last year too but fumbled against everyone but us. This year he is protecting the ball. Their D might be better this year.

Does this mean we can't stop Cook. Hell no. Does it mean we can't get picks? Hell no. Does it mean our D can't get stops? Hell no. Does it mean we won't score? Hell no. Will it take our best game yet to win? Hell yeah. Let's get er done. Go Jackets!!

Declinometer

Banned
FSU might be better this year. QB is playing within himself and not making mistakes. Cook was a beast last year too but fumbled against everyone but us. This year he is protecting the ball. Their D might be better this year.

Does this mean we can't stop Cook. Hell no. Does it mean we can't get picks? Hell no. Does it mean our D can't get stops? Hell no. Does it mean we won't score? Hell no. Will it take our best game yet to win? Hell yeah. Let's get er done. Go Jackets!!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor......hell no!