Football video breakdowns

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't sure if there was a better dumping grounds for things like this. I thought this was a very interesting video about how Philadelphia Eagles offense doesn't make use of enough concepts to be elite.

One of the things I found most interesting was is that the teams with the highest percentage of explosive pass plays were in the top half of under center alignment. It also speaks to the use of motion (which Faulkner imo does a great job of including in our schemes) and the types of runs more suited to shotgun vs under center.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't sure if there was a better dumping grounds for things like this. I thought this was a very interesting video about how Philadelphia Eagles offense doesn't make use of enough concepts to be elite.

One of the things I found most interesting was is that the teams with the highest percentage of explosive pass plays were in the top half of under center alignment. It also speaks to the use of motion (which Faulkner imo does a great job of including in our schemes) and the types of runs more suited to shotgun vs under center.

Actually quite surprising to me…
I am not an NFL guy. I watch a bunch of college though. I’m not a football scholar either…. I know just enough to identify and question, but not enough to understand the concepts and what they’re trying to achieve when it isn’t working / developing. I’d be interested in someone who knows (maybe you?) refuting his points. I can’t imagine the Eagles O is consciously putting themselves at a disadvantage, so what is it that they are trying (and failing) to do?

One thing that I see as very odd from my rudimentary understanding of concepts is putting the QB in shotgun (presumably to better see the field and adjust) and then not using any motion, so the D has an easier time of disguising what they’re doing.

Also notice that they started 10-1 and finished 1-6. Pretty stark turnaround. If concepts didn’t change, was it personnel / injuries or was it having so much tape available to defenses late in the season?

slugboy

Staff member
I’ve thought that old tweets could start breaking in the site. We lost a few posts in “Beautiful Plays” because of people closing Twitter accounts or API changes or X deleting old content—who knows.

If you can find similar stuff in YouTube, use that. Xitter is looking ragged at times

NFL playlist at

Here is one

Last edited:

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I’ve thought that old tweets could start breaking in the site. We lost a few posts in “Beautiful Plays” because of people closing Twitter accounts or API changes or X deleting old content—who knows.

If you can find similar stuff in YouTube, use that. Xitter is looking ragged at times

NFL playlist at

Here is one

Is this irony? I think its irony.
;)