Football/recruiting chat

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for doing these chats, Eric. I went through it and transcribed as much as I could (could only view messages after 12:01). Didn't see the questions to your first 4 answers. Hope this saves you a little time. Users questions are in bold, Eric's reply directly underneath.

Eric 12:01 - Eric: @ATL1 Noblen and Golden....MLB Harrell...DT Gotsis and Hunt Days IMO.
Eric 12:02 - Eric: @Southpaw13 I will take a wild stab and say Benson.
Eric 12:02 - Eric: @sidewalk I havent heard any, but that could be a good idea.
Eric 12:02 - Eric: @ctcjb as long as he does good on finals this week

If you project JHD at starting DT, do you see Gamble staying at SDE?
I see both sliding in and out...Could see Gamble being at DT full time and Huntdays sliding back and forth.

I’m a little concerned about our WRs next year. Who do you see stepping up at that position with all the losses? Which true freshman sees time there?
Legit concern, Jeune has to. Harland is enrolling early so I see him playing. don’t count out Philpott either. he could be a elite one.

What is the word on Malik Barrow?
Malik is a 2016 kid, will be able to chose whatever school he wants. Has visited us before.

Eric, in your opinion have we set ourselves up for another top 30 class in 2016?
that depends on the number of kids we can take really, I think we will have another good class. Early returns are good.

Is it AJ grays decision in why he's not being considered at b back?
AJ doesn’t play RB, he is a QB in HS...doesn’t run like a RB.

Eric I know it's maybe unfair to speculate, but is there any knowledge of whether O'Reilly or Cheeks will choose to move on?
I don’t like to speculate on kids while they are still in school. I could see that happening but nothing has been decided. CPJ meets with players in January.

Any insight on Bo Peek for 2016.. Friends with Henderson at Plant
yeah we just offered. We have a shot with him...he will visit us for sure. Kyle is working him as you mentioned.

Who among our recruits is going to make Carvell [look like an idiot] when he sees how good he turns out?
Aj Gray, MLD, Will Bryan, Hendeson are a few...JJ Green too :)

[Q1] Anything on Zuniga? [Q2] Was he not a take or academic issues?
Nothing on Zuniga. I was told he is set on Nc State now...I know we were looking into offering him but something came up that the staff couldn’t clear. That is all I got from it.

[Part 1] I want to see us land another high profile safety
we are done at S this year.
[Part 2] We could use some Depth there.
[Eric] We have Jalen Johnson coming off a redshirt and AJ coming in. [ATL1] campbell and aj would make a nice ex qb safety duo
[Part 3] How is his [Jalen Johnson] knee doing??
he is a 100% clear and good to go.

Is Gantt considered an elite prospect? I assume if he has the ability to commit this early, he must be close to that level.
He will be a 20-30 player in GA...a really good player.

Is it pretty much certain that we will have a true fresh. in our 2 deep at BB next season?
without a doubt.

Also, would JJ Green compare to an Anthony Allen type player as the A-Back position. Our O is about to be stocked in the coming years with all this speed
[Eric]he isn't similar to Allen at all...Allen was a B back playing A back...JJ is a small kid that can fly. Good fit for us. [ATL1] jj is 5'8 200

Do you have an idea where Travis Custis ends up?
No idea.

Where can I find MLD's numbers from this season?
Not sure on his final, but he only played about half the year.

What’s the chances all 3 fresh see action at bback
I really wouldn’t be surprised but I think we try to RS one of them

Who would you compare Weimerskirch too?
I think he is similar to Anthony Allen. loves being physical. Tough up the gut. good balance.

Has Kallon improved any?
he took a big jump this year IMO...looked at he could at least play at this level in the second half of the year.