Five More Years...!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hall Receives New Five-Year Contract - RamblinWreck.com http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/092716aac.html

Thoughts ?

I'm glad Hall can stay basically as long as he wants. The winning-est coach in GT major varsity history outside of Heisman in football as I recall. Given the mediocrity of ........ I'll be nice. I think we have a much better chance of Omaha finals than the college football play offs.

Hall is a good coach and he has adapted by getting more pitchers. And adapting between small ball and power game in different by who he has on the roster. He is very good for the players and his only real fault (IMHO) is that he gives too many chances to some players to redeem themselves. Ans in this day in age, that is really a virtue.

This will only help recruiting.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thinking about this some more here are some facts and the way they may be possibly related :

1) Mark Teixeira was on AD search committee.
2) One of the first things our new AD did was give Hall five more years.
3) There is a Capital Project for Russ Chandler Stadium Renovation (Phase 2).
4) Tex should play his last MLB game today and has lots of money.

I wouldn't be surprised or upset at all, if someone who wanted to donate a lot of money for the renovation made it a condition of the donation that Hall get an extension. I'm not saying that Tex donates all the money, but I'd bet that he is involved in signing up donors. And this is a win/win for our baseball program.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad Hall can stay basically as long as he wants. The winning-est coach in GT major varsity history outside of Heisman in football as I recall. Given the mediocrity of ........ I'll be nice. I think we have a much better chance of Omaha finals than the college football play offs.

Hall is a good coach and he has adapted by getting more pitchers. And adapting between small ball and power game in different by who he has on the roster. He is very good for the players and his only real fault (IMHO) is that he gives too many chances to some players to redeem themselves. Ans in this day in age, that is really a virtue.

This will only help recruiting.
Seems like I agree with @GTNavyNuke too much. Great minds...or in this case, hearts... think alike. He has done too much good for our baseball program to not be allowed to exit on his terms. If my math is correct, he could reach 1000 wins at Tech sometime this coming May.....that's assuming a pretty good season.