First Saturday on The Flats

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I've never been to this - it's really more of a family event, right? Not really planning to trek over but let us know how it goes if anyone makes it out.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It was a fun low key event. I took my two sons(10 &8).
They got to run around, take some pictures, and relax.
It was a great way to spend a lazy Saturday morning.

Was gonna ask how it went and how was the turnout?

Had the choice to drive 3 hrs to get HCBK autograph or attend an Otis Nixon signing event down here in south Georgia at a local card shop. Decided last night that the 6 hr round trip just wasn't in me.

RamblinMike

Georgia Tech Fan
I was headed over but the I20 East parking lot at Six Flags had other plans. FSOTF was over by the time I got to campus but at least enjoyed a slaw dog at the Varsity. 😃 I am seeing gameday travel for my first season as a Yellowjacket will involve as much luck as much as planning. 😉

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

First in line for autograph session with Coach.
1000005703.png

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I was headed over but the I20 East parking lot at Six Flags had other plans. FSOTF was over by the time I got to campus but at least enjoyed a slaw dog at the Varsity. 😃 I am seeing gameday travel for my first season as a Yellowjacket will involve as much luck as much as planning. 😉
I got into that mess too, luckily we left early

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Was gonna ask how it went and how was the turnout?

Had the choice to drive 3 hrs to get HCBK autograph or attend an Otis Nixon signing event down here in south Georgia at a local card shop. Decided last night that the 6 hr round trip just wasn't in me.
I didn’t go this year because I was riding back from the beach, I’ve gone not every year but most years. I remember back when it was just autograph lines with a tent for each position group on the field. The one good thing TFG did was move it into the practice facility in 2022. We were able to beat the Atlanta heat that year. Last year it was back in the stadium, not bad, great event but I wish it was indoors. Having the autographs as the whole team and having it in the club lounge helps a lot. Based on photos it seems like everything went great. Crowd looked fantastic.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

Seeing how the kids look at the players takes me back to when I was younger. I looked at Demaryius, Dwyer, Nesbitt, Roddy like they were superheroes. Now that I’m older and a teenager I realize that the players are just regular dudes who are just more athletic than we are. As a rising senior in HS it blows my mind that I’m only a year younger than some of these players.