First Jobs of College Football Coaches

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Two GT mentions:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ege-football-coaches-discuss-their-first-jobs

Obviously CPJ:

"First job I ever had was caddying at a country club back in North Carolina, Grandfather Golf and Country Club [in Linville]. We actually have a house back there now, which is pretty cool. When I was 11 or 12 years old, we'd hitchhike over and caddie. We made $6 a bag. So if you carried double, the fee was $12 and you usually got $15 or $20."

Most die hard GT fans know about Steve Spurrier's time here:

"Actually, my first year and my second year [at Georgia Tech], the head coach allowed me to basically, about the middle of the year, be the offensive coordinator -- call plays, put the offense in. My third year -- by the way, we got fired at Georgia Tech -- I went to Duke my third year. The head coach said, 'You can make up the offense.' I said, 'Really?' He didn't have a terminology, a numbering system, so me and the line coach made up the offense.

"I'm still making them up [today], still the same numbers as 1980, 35 years ago."

Pretty cool knowing some of the greatest football minds have coached at here at one point.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Two GT mentions:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ege-football-coaches-discuss-their-first-jobs

Obviously CPJ:

"First job I ever had was caddying at a country club back in North Carolina, Grandfather Golf and Country Club [in Linville]. We actually have a house back there now, which is pretty cool. When I was 11 or 12 years old, we'd hitchhike over and caddie. We made $6 a bag. So if you carried double, the fee was $12 and you usually got $15 or $20."

Most die hard GT fans know about Steve Spurrier's time here:

"Actually, my first year and my second year [at Georgia Tech], the head coach allowed me to basically, about the middle of the year, be the offensive coordinator -- call plays, put the offense in. My third year -- by the way, we got fired at Georgia Tech -- I went to Duke my third year. The head coach said, 'You can make up the offense.' I said, 'Really?' He didn't have a terminology, a numbering system, so me and the line coach made up the offense.

"I'm still making them up [today], still the same numbers as 1980, 35 years ago."

Pretty cool knowing some of the greatest football minds have coached at here at one point.

giphy.gif