Favorite vacation spots

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What are some of folks' favorite vacation spots?

I tend to go in cycles, where I visit places repeatedly for several years.

Currently, my favorite spot is the Palm Springs/Joshua Tree area in California.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is this an invitation? Count me in, dt. I travel a lot for work though so I'm not one for doing a lot of travel in my time off. So you and I may have to find a nice staycation spot in town.

Thinking of doing the N. GA mountains this year so you and @jwsavhGT may have to fight over me. :D

Seriously though, I typically prefer non-touristy beach locations.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is this an invitation? Count me in, dt. I travel a lot for work though so I'm not one for doing a lot of travel in my time off. So you and I may have to find a nice staycation spot in town.

Thinking of doing the N. GA mountains this year so you and @jwsavhGT may have to fight over me. :D

Seriously though, I typically prefer non-touristy beach locations.

I don't think we can have a staycation, unless it's a virtual staycation.

Also, I've extended no invitations.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't think we can have a staycation, unless it's a virtual staycation.

Also, I've extended no invitations.

Man, you and I would have a grand ol' time. Invite c62 and peaco. Nice little bbq on the veranda. What more could any of us ask for?

Now, it's likely the trip may take a murderous turn once we got to talkin' hoops but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Bora Bora. French food and wine, the most spectacular water in the world....air temp around 82 year round... water temp around 80 year round.... and Hawaii gets more tourists in a week than all the Tahitian Islands get in a year!

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Mountains. Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Alberta Canada, Acadia National Park, Upstate NY, Vermont.

Dog friendly is nice. Acadia National Park super dog friendly. So is Canada. Canadian side of Glacier Natl Park ,Waterton dog friendly unlike U.S. side.

Hawaii.

Paris, Scotland, Lake District, Venice & the Italian Lakes.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Bora Bora. French food and wine, the most spectacular water in the world....air temp around 82 year round... water temp around 80 year round.... and Hawaii gets more tourists in a week than all the Tahitian Islands get in a year!
Sounds wonderful. One day when I visit NZ, I want a long stopover in Tahiti.

Animal02

Banned
This is a big question.
In the states, scenic - Utah....the national parks are varied and stunning....though Yosemite is still my favorite single park.
Urban....can't beat NYC, though I never would live there.
Most relaxing place I have been to was Santorini in the Greek isles.
Most fun, just about anywhere in Ireland.
Most scenic New Zealand with eastern Austria second.
Galapagos Islands and the Serengeti in Tanzania are are tops up for nature.
History is a toss up between Rome/ Italy and Egypt.
The most exotic place I have been is Petra in Jordan, with China a close second

In case you had not noticed...I love to travel, but have not common close to @Supersizethatorder-mutt journeys.

slugboy

Staff member
Bora Bora was fantastic. The definition of laid back.

Been to Hawaii several times, but my favorite stay was in a house most of the way up the mountain. We had to buy hoodies at the Costco because it got so cool up there.

Four corners, Arches, and Canyonlands are gorgeous. July and August are HOT though. Get a cabin and sit on the porch. Rockies are great.

I’ve had fun in Vancouver and in Chicago and most of the places I’ve been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Definitely someplace in the mountains. @YJAlleyCat and I are big on hiking excursions—day hikes only; no overnight/camping trips. Our SOP is to get high-quality in-town accommodations, with a variety of nearby dining locations, get up early and get on the trail before the masses, return to the hotel in the mid-afternoon to relax and refresh before going out for happy hour and a nice dinner.

A couple of my favorite locations, that have been worth return visits, are Banff/Jasper national parks in Canada, and the Mount Baker Wilderness in Washington State. We are looking at going back to Olympic National Park some time soon, as well.

National parks are definitely a go-to vacation destination for us. Moab, Utah is a great place to stay, with Arches NP and Canyonlands NP nearby. Further west, Capitol Reef NP is very close to Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument (which is a really beautiful stretch of land).

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Man, you and I would have a grand ol' time. Invite c62 and peaco. Nice little bbq on the veranda. What more could any of us ask for?

Now, it's likely the trip may take a murderous turn once we got to talkin' hoops but we can cross that bridge when we get there.
DFCE7758-389E-4B27-BD75-A5816B79447C.gif