Favorite GT-VT memory

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
LOTS of great games between the two Techs.

for us: 2006 win at Blacksburg. The aforementioned "ALL THE WAY TURNT UP" game in '09. The comeback win in 2014. Matthew Jordan leading us to a win on the road in 2016. Ricky Jeune's game winning TD in 2017. CPJ's masterclass in 2018. And most recently Pyron leading the comeback in 2022.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
My fandom doesn't date back to 2009, so the most memorable VT games for me in no order would be
  • 2011 at BDS (despite the loss, very exciting national TV Thursday evening in Bobby Dodd with the Coastal on the line)
  • 2014 in Blacksburg with the crazy 4th quarter (fumble TD by VT, 4th and 15 conversion with the game on the line to Smelter, INT in field goal position to set up the game winning field goal)
  • 2022 Pyronmania launch date in Blacksburg. The Pyron scramble to complete the comeback late was a cathartic moment.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The one game I saw in person was a 28-22 win over #17 VPI in 2017 at Grant Field, notable for Taquon's passing stat that day: 2-8 for 140 yards and two touchdowns. How often do you see that - two passes completed all day, for two long TDs? Ajani Kerr swatted away the Hokies last gasp pass into the end zone on the last play of the game to preserve the win.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously, not as great as the wins, but I have a fond spot for the 2013 100th anniversary of Bobby Dodd game. Have the panorama of it hanging in my house

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Obviously, not as great as the wins, but I have a fond spot for the 2013 100th anniversary of Bobby Dodd game. Have the panorama of it hanging in my house
Hard to say how the season changes if we win this game but that was back to back home matchups alongside 2011 where VT knocked us out of the Coastal title. That was the Jameis Winston natty season and I'm pretty sure Florida State would have beaten the stuffing out of us in Charlotte anyway, but I remember this being a good game too on a nice evening in Bobby Dodd. I remember watching the season opener against VT in 2012 with friends at Hudson Grille in Midtown, which was also a good game. This was a fun rivalry before Justin Fuente/TFG regressed both programs and the Coastal went away.