Falcons

Poodletop

Georgia Tech Fan
Yep, just paid 100 million for a QB, huge needs on defense, so they pick the 5th or 6th rated college QB that they won’t need for 2-3 years even if he’s not a bust!

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Falcons probably had to trade picks with Minnesota due to tampering with Cousins. Minnesota probably wanted Penix and the Falcons will choose Minnesota’s 23rd pick.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
you guys need to do better than this. I have no idea why the down face. is the NFL draft happening? You should really reference something for those of us that care but not enough to really care.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how the Falcons can salvage this draft. Unfortunately, they've already ticked off their star QB signing before he even played a snap and have set themselves back defensively where they have multiple needs at. I would have even taken Odunze over Penix at 8 especially with Penix having a season-ending injury 4 different times. But, if the Falcons decide to hold their picks tonight, I think the most value presents itself drafting a CB or DT at 43. I doubt Cooper DeJean will still be there, but if he is that's probably choice number 1. Realistically, I'd be looking at Marshawn Kneeland, Braden Fiske, Kris Jenkins, Javon Bullard, or even take a shot at Edgerrin Cooper if he falls to us. R3 gives us 74 and 79 and I'd look hard at Jalyx Hunt, Adisa Isaac, or Jonah Elliss with 74. With 79 or even if the value presents itself at 74, I'd look receiver to give Cousins another target and to take pressure off of London and Pitts. I just feel like the Falcons put themselves so far behind the eight-ball using the number 8 on a player that probably won't contribute for at least 2 years. IF this somehow pays dividends, Terry and Morris will look like geniuses playing 4-D chess.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought my Jets were bad in the draft, but that pick defies all logic. I was watching the draft and just shook my head in disbelief.
The ONLY thing I can possibly think of is maybe pushback from the tampering investigation? But that would just result in a fine and/or loss of draft pick(s), right? Nothing would be done to Cousins? Even Terry's explanation of why they took Penix at 8 didn't really make logical sense.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The ONLY thing I can possibly think of is maybe pushback from the tampering investigation? But that would just result in a fine and/or loss of draft pick(s), right? Nothing would be done to Cousins? Even Terry's explanation of why they took Penix at 8

There's no defending it. Just odd, odd, odd.

Ah well, Failcons gonna Failcon.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how the Falcons can salvage this draft. Unfortunately, they've already ticked off their star QB signing before he even played a snap and have set themselves back defensively where they have multiple needs at. I would have even taken Odunze over Penix at 8 especially with Penix having a season-ending injury 4 different times. But, if the Falcons decide to hold their picks tonight, I think the most value presents itself drafting a CB or DT at 43. I doubt Cooper DeJean will still be there, but if he is that's probably choice number 1. Realistically, I'd be looking at Marshawn Kneeland, Braden Fiske, Kris Jenkins, Javon Bullard, or even take a shot at Edgerrin Cooper if he falls to us. R3 gives us 74 and 79 and I'd look hard at Jalyx Hunt, Adisa Isaac, or Jonah Elliss with 74. With 79 or even if the value presents itself at 74, I'd look receiver to give Cousins another target and to take pressure off of London and Pitts. I just feel like the Falcons put themselves so far behind the eight-ball using the number 8 on a player that probably won't contribute for at least 2 years. IF this somehow pays dividends, Terry and Morris will look like geniuses playing 4-D chess.
The Falcons have needs? Not according to the head coach.

“Morris said they believe the Falcons are primed to win now, which means they would not get another shot at drafting a quarterback of the future this high in the draft.”

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
The Falcons have needs? Not according to the head coach.

“Morris said they believe the Falcons are primed to win now, which means they would not get another shot at drafting a quarterback of the future this high in the draft.”

I mean the division is there for the taking right now, and picking a pass rusher would have helped improve those odds. Now with their decision to trade up in Round 2 to get a guy who more than likely would have been there at pick 43 and give up 71 in addition to that is just baffling. They are fumbling this draft terribly. It’s like they have no feel for how the picks are falling and what others are going to do. As a GM, that’s a MUST in order to be successful. Round 1 should have told you this would be a very offensive oriented draft. Heck, even the first two picks in Round 2 were wide receivers. At that point, why are you fighting so hard to move up? Just let the chips fall and get your guy at 11. Why are you fawning over this Clempson DL anyway? He’s a project and Round 2 isn’t the time to draft projects.