Excellent article on Bey-Bey

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
WOW!!! I knew of his background but had not read anything that in-depth on him. That rise above what he has been through is pretty amazing.

I think Tyler Perry could run with this idea...
"It sounds a little bit like the plot for a sitcom," his father said, reviewing the plan: a convict, a prison guard, an estranged couple and a professional athlete living together in the same house.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for the link, great read. To come from that background and make anything of yourself is truly a success story...to become a humble nfl star is amazing.

He was such an exciting player to watch...you could make a great highlight film of just him dominatingly block db's!

His 2009 season is the best answer to the question "why would any reciever want to play in CPJ's offense?" 1154 yards on 46 catches (25 ypc), and 8 tds. Also his blocking ability helped him to become a 1st round pick. The smoke route to DT was such a great weapon.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That FSU game they mentioned was the lightening delayed game that lasted well into the night. It was a shootout. That was the Josh Nesbitt fumble take back game.

DT's behind the scenes story to that game is cool. He's a great example of how GT can be a great environment for SAs from pretty much any background. Dude is going to see some really big numbers on that paycheck over the next few years.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Like most of us I knew a lot about his background and what he's overcome to get where he is. What just jumps off the page at me is the love for family. I've done my damnest to get my own children to understand that family is everything, it's your rock and anchor in a cold, cold world. I'm proud to say they're getting it and they've had to face no where the barriers and obstacles this fine young man has. My hats off to you, Demaryius and I'm proud to say I am an unmitigated fan of yours!

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
How great is it that two of the top (arguably the two best) wide receivers in the NFL are both GT graduates and both great men! I get my sons to read articles on them in the hope it makes them appreciate hard work and how to handle success.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
How great is it that two of the top (arguably the two best) wide receivers in the NFL are both GT graduates and both great men! I get my sons to read articles on them in the hope it makes them appreciate hard work and how to handle success.

Agree, except both went pro after junior year, so I don't think either is a graduate.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That FSU game was so fun but it was long. My most indelible memory from that one was not Josh's 'take it back' play. What I remember the most was Bay Bay being the last guy to leave the field signing autographs for fans. He was literally the last white clad person on the field after the game.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I also knew D.Thomas' story before reading this. But I agree that this one was well written. Makes you even more proud of him knowing.his back story. I love all of our former and.current SAs. But D.T. and Calvin are really one of a kind individuals. So glad they are having the success they so rightly earned.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Agree, except both went pro after junior year, so I don't think either is a graduate.
You sure? I am fairly certain Johnson came back to take more courses and find it hard to believe his parents would let him fail to get a degree. Thomas redshirted so he could have graduated as well. Many Tech pros do take courses in the offseason to eventually graduate.