Everyone loves Butker

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Somebody (I think it was Adam G) looked camera and said something. I replayed it a couple of times and still don't know what he said......but I'm going to assume he said "we're going to the playoffs"

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Regardless of these 4 FG's, this young man's legacy at GT is secure. His name will not be forgotten. His 53 yarder was absolutely one of the clutchest? (clutchiest?, most clutch?) individual acts of athleticism and guts that I have ever witnessed. He needs a statue near the stadium imo.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
These pressure situations are great for both butker and team morale... Nothing can simulate 53 yards in Athens, but this is great practice

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We met Harrison recently. First of all, we were impressed with how approachable and friendly he was. We chatted with him for a minute or two, then he ran on to get ready for practice.

When he left, I asked my staff friend if Harrison realized that--even if he never made another kick-- he's a legend? "Not a clue. Ain't it great?" And, it is.

25 years from now, he'll walk back onto campus and people will still be patting him on the back. Someone will be interviewing him about the memory of the big kick against UGA. But, right now he's just a college kid with no idea.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We met Harrison recently. First of all, we were impressed with how approachable and friendly he was. We chatted with him for a minute or two, then he ran on to get ready for practice.

When he left, I asked my staff friend if Harrison realized that--even if he never made another kick-- he's a legend? "Not a clue. Ain't it great?" And, it is.

25 years from now, he'll walk back onto campus and people will still be patting him on the back. Someone will be interviewing him about the memory of the big kick against UGA. But, right now he's just a college kid with no idea.
"There he is. There's the guy that helped start the streak of 25 in a row."

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Btw, at dinner last night we got a description of the 4 field goals he had to make. It wasn't just making any pedestrian 4 kicks in a row. CPJ had it set up to make things increasingly harder with every kick. One from a right hash mark, another from the left. Increasing distances as they went.

@MrsDrJacket said, "I bet Paul was proud of himself. He'd probably been thinking that one up all day. Hoping they could get out of there early (on his birthday) if practice was good and Harrison made the kicks. But, also making it tricky so that he would feel pressure."